This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

My newest computer issue

How do I.... ?
Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55
Circle of Safety: Y

My newest computer issue

Postby Rick Prentice » Fri May 25, 2012 8:10 am

This just started happening within the last week. I'm typing this from my galaxy tab because Im unable to visit the cub site from my home computer for more than a few minutes. Usually it opens just fine but quickly gives this box (no data received unable to load webpage because server sent no data error 324(net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE)

Any ideas,
thanks Rick Ive tried the basics like rebooting everything and no change.
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Re: My newest computer issue

Postby Rick Prentice » Fri May 25, 2012 8:16 am

My home computer is using the new WildBlue Excede 12MEG satellite service. My galaxy is using the turtle speed 3G verizon satellite
Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Fri May 25, 2012 4:20 pm

Boss Hog used to have fits getting wild blue to work with the forum. I don't know how he got it fixed.

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Fri May 25, 2012 9:09 pm

Things have been flawless the first 4 months. This issue has developed just this last week.

Rick

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri May 25, 2012 9:17 pm

Rick:

Would love to be able to help you solve this one, but I don't use satellite and I am not sure what Wild Blue Excede is :big give up:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Fri May 25, 2012 11:53 pm

Hi Rick,

I hate to tell you this, but I think your computer has a virus. I've been getting a lot of "port scans" and DOS (Denial Of Service) reports from the server. When that happens, it initiates a temporary block of the originating IP address. Example:

Code: Select all

Time:    Fri May 25 22:14:39 2012 -0500
IP:      184.20.17.183 (US/United States/-)
Hits:    11
Blocked: Temporary Block

Sample of block hits:
May 25 22:13:27 host kernel: Firewall: *SYNFLOOD Blocked* IN=venet0 OUT= MAC= SRC=184.20.17.183 DST=204.197.240.106 LEN=52 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=118 ID=24465 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=42247 DPT=80 WINDOW=8192 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0

I've checked and the IP address (184.20.17.183) reports as Wildblue and some of your posts have used this IP address....

If you have anti-virus software, you should run a scan (although it is possible that a virus could disable your anti-virus program). Try an online scanner or malware software. I'm sure some of the members can make a good recommendation on which ones have worked best for them.

Let me know if you need any assistance getting things cleaned up.

Dennis
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sat May 26, 2012 8:58 am

Hmmm that ain't such good news.

On-line Virus Software - here are some that I have used in the past or have gotten good reviews from friends.
Spybot - Search & Destroy©® bootable CDs, Best on the market, free ware and he works at improving constantly. This is an important element of my own security suite. I have supported him in the past
Malware, Another great utility that is an integral part of my security suite. Don't leave home without it. Gotta get a license - top end program.
Trend Micros HouseCall
Norton Security Scan
Kaspersky, I like Kaspersky, it used to be part of the original IOLO suite. The on-line scanner gets a lot others don't.
NOD ESSET On-Line Scanner - I think Dennis uses NOD ESSET. I have a few friends who use it as well.
McAfee Security Scan Pluse, have used this one extensively and am impressed even though I do not like McAfee as a suite.

One thing I did discover - use em all as none of them really can find everything. :( These 3 following are the components that I use as part of my security suite.

Spy Bot Search & Destroy.. Have used this one for over a decade. Great utility.
Malware, Another great utility that is an integral part of my security suite. Don't leave home without it. Gotta get a license - top end program.
Super Anti-Spyware has both free and buyme versions. I will eventually buy a license as it is a great program.

Lets not forget Windows Defender. Quite surprisingly this is a rather useful little utility. It has found malware that even the others couldn't. Was it serious stuff. No, just junk that slows down the puter and is still a royal PITB :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Sat May 26, 2012 6:37 pm

Thanks, Ill tell Aaron about that. The new computer does have Kaspersky 2012and Defender, so Im not sure whats up with that.
Rick

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sat May 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Rick:

Sometimes when a suite is installed the malware/virus is able to work around it especially if it is coded for one of those suites. So when you use an On-line scanner, even Kaspersky because it isn't resident the virus cannot infect it so it doesn't become invisible. That is one scenario, there are many others -- infinite variety shall we say. All we can do is make sure that we keep doing our own due diligence and run our maintenance scans often and maybe once a month run through a couple of the different reputable On-line scanners such as the ones I pointed you to.

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Sun May 27, 2012 5:04 pm

Ok, I ran kaspersky full scan and it showed no faults, defender also showed zero faults. The spybot produced lots of stuff associated with the granddaughters girl online games. That stuff was all removed. I'm still getting booted off farmallcub. Ill keep trying others on Rudi's list, but I'm loosing faith at this point.
Rick

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Sun May 27, 2012 8:17 pm

Rick,

I still seeing port scans from your Wildblue IP address... there is no reason for any software to do a port scan on a server, unless it is looking for vulnerabilities. It is possible (I'm guessing, but not likely) that it could be some equipment on Wildblue's side that is infected. Perhaps you should also report your problems to them also. They can look at your connection and tell if it's coming from your PC or their network.

Dennis

PS: I emailed you a copy from the firewall so you can forward it to Wildblue's support people.
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Sun May 27, 2012 8:31 pm

Rick, I am still having trouble with Wild Blue and this site. It only effects this site. I have no problems with any others. I have found that it does work better if you have another window open

Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:32 pm

Thanks Dennis. I've been gone for a few days down to Bill's and when I came home, Aaron said he's had the modem/router turned off for a few days hoping they'd(WBExeed) assign a new IP address. I've been on the forum several times since I returned home and things seem to be fixed for now. I hope it doesn't start back up again. Thanks again, I'll keep you posted,

Rick

Boss, this Exeed system is suppose to be brand new(different from the old Wild Blue) and we were the first to receive it around here since they invested in the new satellite. It's supposed to 12meg speed.

Rick

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:52 pm

Yes I know Rick, it cost me more for the upgrade, it is faster than the old one but higher cost too :D
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:44 am

Yep Boss. I heard it cost more, but the son-in-law Aaron had it installed so I don't have a clue what the bill says :{_}: It seems to be still working lightning fast this morning(knock on wood) so maybe it's fixed :lol: It sure is nice using a big computer instead of that galaxy :-:-):

Rick

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”