This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

List of projects

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
coppersmythe
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: '48 trimmed dash high crop cub , '78 3/4 cub , lo-boy/59 mower , '64 "galvanized" cub , cub-6 toolbar , sicklebar mowers , 54 blade , plow , mott mower , early belly mower . . international 1010 pickup with 345ci v-8 .
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: List of projects

Postby coppersmythe » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:16 am

perfect, boss . i have a rebuild looming , and could use some advice. coppersmythe...............................................

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:23 pm

coppersmythe wrote:perfect, boss . i have a rebuild looming , and could use some advice. coppersmythe...............................................

We will give you some of that hands on training :D
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Postby Yogie » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:52 pm

Boss Hog wrote:
coppersmythe wrote:perfect, boss . i have a rebuild looming , and could use some advice. coppersmythe...............................................

Val, sounds like you just got the job of unbolting the rod caps and pushing pistons up while the oil drips in your face... :lol:
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Boss Hog » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:08 pm

Yogie wrote:
Boss Hog wrote:

Val, sounds like you just got the job of unbolting the rod caps and pushing pistons up while the oil drips in your face... :lol:

And I was going to surprise him with that
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

coppersmythe
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: '48 trimmed dash high crop cub , '78 3/4 cub , lo-boy/59 mower , '64 "galvanized" cub , cub-6 toolbar , sicklebar mowers , 54 blade , plow , mott mower , early belly mower . . international 1010 pickup with 345ci v-8 .

Postby coppersmythe » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:12 am

how did ya'll know , i took the oil pan off one of my cubs recently and just had to take a look up in there. drip. i'll make sure to bring a face shield with me. coppersmythe............

spaceghost
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02346
Tractors Owned: 1959 Cub lo-boy
1950 super A

Postby spaceghost » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:43 am

Boss
I was thinking this weekend (I know big mistake), I have a beat up 49? non running F cub that I bought a year or so ago and have not done anything with it.
I was thinking about bring it with me to Hog Waller. It is in rough shape and I don't know if it will run or not.

Thanks Bob
Bacon makes everything better.
1959 LO-Boy 1950 Super A

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965

Postby Cecil » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:00 am

Bob bring it along. I need a challange.

spaceghost
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02346
Tractors Owned: 1959 Cub lo-boy
1950 super A

Postby spaceghost » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:11 am

Cecil wrote:Bob bring it along. I need a challange.

Oh that sounds great, I will bring the challange.

Thanks
Bob
Bacon makes everything better.
1959 LO-Boy 1950 Super A

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Boss Hog » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:00 pm

spaceghost wrote:Boss
I was thinking this weekend (I know big mistake), I have a beat up 49? non running F cub that I bought a year or so ago and have not done anything with it.
I was thinking about bring it with me to Hog Waller. It is in rough shape and I don't know if it will run or not.

Thanks Bob

We will get her running PDQ :D If it is any run left in her :lol:
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:43 pm

Super A wrote:I need help with the mag on my 52R combine (cub power unit) engine. At the least it needs points and condenser--Put a new coil in a couple years ago. I seem to always get the point gap off.....I am sure someone has a "trick" I could learn to make the job easier.

The power unit will ride nicely in the back of my truck, if there was interest I could bring the whole engine....it's just about as easy to take the engine off as it is trying to get wedged up between the combine frame and the engine to get to the mag!

I won't be able to get off from school but I will be there early Saturday morning.

Al

If there is interest, I will get my power unit "loose" from the combine frame this weekend, and get the points, condenser, etc. I think all it needs is a mag tuneup but I am thinking it would be nice to have the whole thing together so we can make sure it does run properly....

It turns out I am off that Friday for spring break, but with farming activities I will still probably only be there on Saturday.

thanks,
Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:30 pm

Boss, If I bring the lo-boy, the steering seems tight, well, it is tight. I could use some pointers on the front end.

I just found out tonight that the front axle on my trailer is bent. I am gonna have to get it fixed, or am going to have to borrow a trailer.

Got too much stuff to bring to leave it at home.

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”