This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

122 Rescued from scrap yard

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bob Underwood
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43821

122 Rescued from scrap yard

Postby Bob Underwood » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:27 pm

The starter/ generator is completely disassembled. Does anyone know of an internal wiring diagram the field coils are out of the case, along with the brushes. Would appreciate any help. The plan is to buy parts and reassemble myself.
Thanks
Bob

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 122 Rescued from scrap yard

Postby Eugene » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:55 pm

http://www.simpletractors.com/service/e ... erator.htm
Above link has a pictoral representation of internal wiring of a starter/generator (s/g).

The CC 70 - 100 parts manual has an exploded parts diagram.

Word of caution. The Delco-Remy starter/generator was built in several configurations, clockwise and counter clockwise rotation, and use by a number of different manufaturers.

If you have the parts, the easiest may to make sure your s/g is wired correctly is to take the back off of another working S/G used on a Cub Cadet.

Edit: http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/ind ... h_id=20239

Another photo from GardenTractorTalk.com. The discussion in which the photo shows up is reversing the rotation direction of the starter/generator.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Bob Underwood
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bob Underwood » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:53 am

Eugene: Thanks for the reply I have the diagram from simple tractors, just too many wires for me to figure out where they go. This S/G is Should run CCW. Thanks again, if you have an idea as to how it should be wired would much appreciate your thoughts.
Bob

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:21 pm

Suggest taking the entire starter/generator (s/g) to one of the local repair shops specializing in automotive electric motors. Tell them you want a counter clockwise rotation for the Cub Cadet.

The shop will be able to test the windings in the fields and armature. True the commutator and install new, needed parts.

I realize that is not what you wanted to hear. There is a reason the s/g is completely disassembled.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Bob Underwood
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bob Underwood » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:39 am

The reaon it has not been taken to a shop. All new parts came with the S/G. PO did not make any diagram when disassembling.
Shop does not want furnished parts.
Bob

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:43 am

A thought. Plan on attending a Cubfest. Make arrangements for someone to bring a working, assembled starter/generator (s/g) from a Cub Cadet. Fest attendees will be able to check the s/g parts for condition. You would need all the new parts, including bushing, bearing and all of the insulation pieces.

Advertise on the for sale wanted for someone to assemble the s/g.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Bob Underwood
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bob Underwood » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:15 am

Was able to find a shop that drew up a diagram . Appreciate all the replies
Thank you
Bob

Return to “Cub Cadet”