This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Cadet Brake Pads

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH
Circle of Safety: Y

Cub Cadet Brake Pads

Postby SundaySailor » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:48 pm

Folks,

Bear with me please. This topic has come up over and over about replacement brake pads for the Cub Cadets.

I purchased this brake pads off e-bay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brake-Pads-Cub-Cadet-John-Deere-Lawn-Tractors-/110820096667?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cd647a9b back in 2010 when I was rebuilding my 1200 Cub Cadet.

I did have to get the HH style calipers too, but that was no biggie. It beat the heck of the very poor, small brake pads that apparently came on my Cub Cadet.

Anyway, if it weren't for my ignorance at the time, I wouldn't have had any problems with installing these brake pads.

The quality of the brake pad material was very good, they were pre-drilled for the rivets, and were a breeze to install.

After I adjusted the brakes from left to right and back again, my Cub Cadet had stopping power much better than it did with the other style brakes.

I just wanted to pass this on to you folks as you've been so good in helping me.

BTW, I need to quit doing such a good job of restorations. My Cub Cadet now belongs to someone else. They liked it a whole lot more than I did. And, I liked it a lot. But, money does talk, and both of us are happy now. :{_}:

Oh yeah, the seller on Ebay: he's very easy to work with. I do recommend him too. Just a FYI.
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Cub Cadet Brake Pads

Postby BigBill » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:20 am

I changed my 1000 over to a 1200 for the misses. I installed the 1'' front spindles and the larger 154 front wheel bearings/8'' cadet rims. I purchased all the disc brake parts and removed the wet brakes and installed the disc brake axles, the disc brake cross shaft and disc brake linkages. It now has awesome brakes. At the sametime i installed the bearing on the lower and upper steering box and the stainless ball socket tie rod ends too. Now the steering is much easier too. The misses has the best cadet i have.

I also installed disc brakes on my 70 cub cadet too. I find that all the course spline disc brake axles will interchange with the non disc brake axles. I did purchase enough disc brake parts to install disc brakes on all my cadets.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Cub Cadet”