This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

quick attach spring installation

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: quick attach spring installation

Postby SundaySailor » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:15 pm

gitractorman wrote:Ok, this isn't pretty, but you should get the idea. I tried to draw in the quick attach lever, if you were looking at it from the side of the tractor. Now you can see how the pin goes through the spring, and how the spring goes around the lever.

Bill, that's what I was wondering about. I tried several times before, and I just couldn't get the roll/clevis pin through the eye of that spring. You can see where I tried to spread one spring apart in my efforts.
From what you are telling me, I was on the right track, but I wasn't close enough.

You can bet I'll have the mower deck and the sub frame dropped this weekend, and I will make every effort to install those springs the way you've told me to do. No small wonder I don't have much hair on top of my head these days. :lol: :shock:
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH

Re: quick attach spring installation - Got It!!!!

Postby SundaySailor » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:30 pm

Hey folks. I just wanted to update this thread.

I spent some time laying on my back and trying to get this spring thingy going. I'm a bit dyslexic in some fashions, and by the time you add bifocals and laying on the back like that, well it just wasn't pretty at all.

I had to use my angle grinder to grind down the QA handle on the ends where the springs went. I would grind some, douse it with water and do a trial fit. Yes, it took more time, but I ended up with a custom fit that was nice and tight too.

Once I finished that part, I replaced the belt on the mower deck, mower blades with Gator Blades and the PTO belt. Yes it took a while - about 3 hours in all, but after taking the Cub Cadet for a test mow, I know it was all worth it. :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :-:-): :-:-): :-:-):

BTW, the Oregon Gator Blade number for the 44A IH deck is 90-657. They were a perfect fit, and man do they cut some grass!

I want to thank all of you for your help. Bigdog, Paul and Bill. I really appreciate the input as it was a huge advantage for me once I dived into this task.

Salute!
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

jim turner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64784

Re: quick attach spring installation

Postby jim turner » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:17 pm

Wow! What a great post, I have the very same problem but was too dumb to know there was springs there, now I can fix mine, I had the QA wired up in order to keep my mower from falling off the tractor, Thanks so very much for all this info.
Jim Turner

Return to “Cub Cadet”