This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

DSCF Live! Will You Be Watching?

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.

DSCF will be live on the internet on Friday and Saturday during the event. Will you be watching?

I plan to attend this year's event.
50%
I plan to watch on Friday from 10 - 11 AM and 2 - 3 PM.
No votes
I plan to watch on Saturday from 10 - 11 AM and 2 - 3 PM.
25%
I plan to watch on both days from 10 - 11 AM and 2 - 3 PM.
15%
I am interested, but will not be able to watch either day.
5%
I am not interested in watching at all.
5%

Total votes: 20

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

DSCF Live! Will You Be Watching?

Postby Barnyard » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:21 pm

I have been working with Mr E in planning to have limited live internet coverage of DSCF and we thought we would see if there was much interest in this from those who can not attend. If nobody is interested then there is no sense in someone spending time putting it all together. From the two tests we have done it appears there is a little interest so far.

Currently the plan is to have the camera up and running by 10:00 Florida time. If all goes well we will have someone available to host this from 10:00 am to 11:00 am and again each day on Friday and Saturday. The times will be announced sometime Thursday as a reminder.

Here is the idea. We want to bring DSCF to you. During the time a video host is available we hope to have a “Meet and Greet” where you will have the opportunity to meet some of the members in attendance and ask them questions via a chat room type arrangement. The person you see on the screen will be able to answer your questions live via a camera link. In other words, you will see him/her but they can’t see you. If a demonstration is going on during the hosting hours, the camera will be there for you to see it along with those who are there. You will also be able to ask questions during these demonstrations. With good weather and a good wireless connection on the video end you should be able to see this in real time. Depending on conditions it may be a bit slow.

During the times there is no host, the camera will be set in an area of the shop so you can see what is going on. You can still ask questions but they can only be answered if some one there actually looks at the monitor on the laptop to see the question.

How do you see this? You will need to go to http://www.justin.tv and sign up for an account. There is no charge for this, but you may have to watch some silly commercial about a guy bobbing for apples or an upcoming sci-fi thriller movie. Once you have your account you will go to http://www.justin.tv/barnyard. That will take you to my broadcast channel where the live streaming video is broadcast. If you are asked for an access code, type in Farmall. Make sure the F is upper case. You may be able to access with out the code so you may get in by leaving it blank. That’s about all there is to it. The important thing is to get your account set up ahead of time.

Anyone in attendance who would like to lend a hand for a bit is invited to do so. If enough volunteers help out we could have a live host most of the day.

Hopefully you will get a feel for what goes on at a CubFest

Roy, Billy Ray and Raymond are looking forward to you all being there either physically or through the video.

If you have not attended one of our test sessions we will try to have one more in the next couple weeks. If all works out I might do a test run on Thursday at DSCF (I will post the time in advance if I can). If you have never done this before, it would be a good idea for you to attend one of the test runs to make sure it works for you.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Re: DSCF Live! Will You Be Watching?

Postby Barnyard » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:26 pm

Barnyard wrote:Roy, Billy Ray and Raymond are looking forward to you all being there either physically or through the video.

I forgot to add Tim and Jim to this list of hosts for the DSCF. Sorry I missed you guys in the previous post..

If anyone has any questions it is best to ask them now. If you have problems and wait until the air dates you may be too late to help. Some of the guys who were on the previous test got their problems straightened out and should be good to go.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:28 pm

Dang VOTE guys
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:36 pm

I'll be there, but hope to watch the action play out live!! :D :wink:

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:42 pm

RaymondDurban wrote:I'll be there, but hope to watch the action play out live!! :D :wink:

I just hope I have enough smarts to be able to it :D
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:44 pm

I thought I would get this going early enough for anyone needing to get an account to be able to try it out. I don't mind doing this and I think it would be a good thing to spark more interest in CubFests, but if there isn't enough interest I may have to shelve the project until later. It's a twelve hour drive for me to get there so I want to make sure I have some time to put this together and still have time to enjoy the CubFest also. That is why I thought two hours each day would be good. We will get it worked out,we always do. :D

Between this and ordering the nametags I'm gonna be as busy as Ed with a truck full of doughnuts for the next few weeks.

Circle of Safety

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081

Postby danovercash » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:17 pm

I want to watch, just don't know if I will be able to.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”