This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Need help with Lift-All pump removal.

Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450 & 560 Tractors, 1939-1963
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jeff D. N.E. Wis.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 54235
Circle of Safety: Y

Need help with Lift-All pump removal.

Postby Jeff D. N.E. Wis. » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:31 pm

I need to remove the Lift-All pump out of our Farmall MD. After reading various posts our the years, it was always mentioned that you had to slide some coupling sleeves to disconnect it from the transmission. I have a Blue Ribbon Serviceman's Guide and it states in their also to remove the dust pan, remove the 2 cotter pins and slide the sleeves to the center of the coupling and remove coupling.

The Serviceman's Guide shows a dust pan that looks to be about at least 6" wide, ample room to get your hand in their. On ours the dust pan is only 2.25" wide, just so get some fingers in their. Also the coupling looks nothing like in the Serviceman's Guide. This one looks like a Love-Joy type but instead of a rubber driving dog this one is steel. The parts book I have also shows this type.

The questions I have are:
1) The Blue Ribbon Serviceman's Guide I have does not show this style coupling. Is their a different Blue Ribbon manual I should look at getting?

2) How in the world do I get this thing out with such a small (2.25") area to maneuver in?

3) Once I do get it out, is it OK to run the tractor without it in?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Jeff
49 Farmall Cub, 68 I-H Cub LoBoy
53 Farmall Super-A, 44 Farmall B
52 Farmall Super-C, 41 Farmall H
40 Farmall M, 46 Farmall M
51 Farmall MD, 54 Case 500 Diesel
71 Allis-Chalmers 160 Diesel

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dusti Snider
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24739
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall "M" - Restored
1949 Farmall Cub - Original "Blue Ribbon Reconditioned"
1953 Farmall Super AI
1934 Farmall F-12
1929 Farmall Regular
1956 Ford 640
1972 Ford 4000

Re: Need help with Lift-All pump removal.

Postby Dusti Snider » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:42 pm

Almost sounds to me like your lookin' at the wrong section in the manual...I know an H is a bit more complicated. The M is easy, remove the dust cover, take out the four 3/8 bolts from the pump and let down on a floor jack...best done with two people, but I mananged it by myself. It's a 15 minute job, or less...

Member IHCC Chapter 37 & 42 - North Carolina

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Re: Need help with Lift-All pump removal.

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:50 pm

As I recall, "remove the 2 cotter pins and slide the sleeves to the center of the coupling and remove coupling" applies only to the H. I think on an M, like Dusti said, you just skip that step. When you lower the pump, the coupling will probably fall out by itself, after which you can easily see how it fits together.

Return to “Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450, & 560”