This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Plow Day in Kynesville, Florida

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460
Circle of Safety: Y

Plow Day in Kynesville, Florida

Postby Mr E » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:32 pm

John and I (son-in-law) went to a plow day today. Had a wonderful time. Stayed pretty busy and didn't get a lot of pictures, but here is couple of videos you might enjoy.

Hey Denny, recognize the red tractor?

That is NOT the Super M making all that noise! A guy was there with a 1958 Oliver Super 99 with a GM diesel engine and a straight stack. Bet he won't be able to hear it thunder for a few days. :lol:

Cool old JD on steel

Didn't get any videos of the Super M pulling the plows today. But she did a very good job. This was a great group of folks and we had a wonderful day. Day started out at about 27 degrees, but warmed up quickly to low 60s. Gorgeous day!
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

bradm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46112
Tractors Owned: 47' Cub
49' H
55' 300U
47' Oliver 70 Row Crop
Mott mower
cultivators
#8 2-14 Little Genius Plow

Re: Plow Day in Kynesville, Florida

Postby bradm » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Looks like a good time. I would take the 60's. It was a high of around 27 here in Indy today I think.

Thanks for sharing!

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:41 pm

Roy - you need to set the cut on that disk a little more. You're not even starting to challenge that Super M.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460

Postby Mr E » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:44 pm

Bigdog wrote:Roy - you need to set the cut on that disk a little more. You're not even starting to challenge that Super M.

You are so right. The disk needed some major adjustments. It was set as agressive as it would go. About a thousand pound of weight on it would have helped as well. The SM would pull it in 4th gear, but the disk would just "hop" along. :lol: :lol:

I tugged the set of 3 - 16s pretty effortlessly as well. Could use those rear wheel weights, tho. I was really impressed, she ran all day and never complained once. :{_}: :{_}:
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:09 pm

That's pretty cool, but all them Cubs you got stashed away and you couldn't muster just one out of the shop to stretch her legs?!?!

coppersmythe
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: '48 trimmed dash high crop cub , '78 3/4 cub , lo-boy/59 mower , '64 "galvanized" cub , cub-6 toolbar , sicklebar mowers , 54 blade , plow , mott mower , early belly mower . . international 1010 pickup with 345ci v-8 .

Postby coppersmythe » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:32 am

man that looks like a fun day ya'll had. plenty of room to work . gotta say that green tractor sure had a cool sound to it. was it two cylinders? see ya soon mr. e, we made our reservations last week, i have a couple projects ,i could bring one of them if you have some open shop time left. coppersmythe.........................................

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Postby Yogie » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:30 am

Yep. Mr. E needs several railroad ties stacked on top and maybe even a extra disc or two. :D
Val, be sure to have Roy give you a ride on his JD B while your down there. You'll be seeing green and yellow all the way back home. :lol:
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”