This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Where does the Hand crank go?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:46 am

Jackman wrote: I do wonder if maybe the crank is ment to be mounted opposit what the pics show it seems to make more sense that the handle goes around the battery box as opposed to under the heals of your feet....

Jackman,
I quite agree, The CUBS are, in nearly all senses, very very well designed, very inovative for their time if you compare it with another tractor of the age such as an Allis B

BUT, honestly to put the handle just under the feet where the operating lever for the beaver bagger normally goes is just crass design stupidity, ah well, suppose nothing is actually perfect,
Pat

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:22 am

Hey Jackman...Even though your idea makes sense 8) ...IH intended to have the crank mounted just the way it's shown in the photos :wink: . You'll git used ta restin' your foot on the handle as you're drivin' along SCOOPIN' UP THOSE PESKY BEAVERS IN YOUR "BEAVER BAGGER" :lol: (That IS ifin' you're LUCKY enough to ever FIND ONE!) :wink: .
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jackman » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:16 pm

'Country' Elliott wrote:Hey Jackman...Even though your idea makes sense 8) ...IH intended to have the crank mounted just the way it's shown in the photos :wink: .

That position still just did not make sense to me so I looked thru my 56 Lo-boy owners manuel (reprint) and it shows the the crank handle mounted opposit from the pic posted with the part that you actually grab going up and over the pto lever. I would have thought that it would be flat on the floor plan and going around the battery box, I tried it that way and it fits perfect... I dont have a scanner to post a pic, but the IH manuel # is CR818E maybe someone else can post. Perhaps with the optional Beaver bagger attachment things where differant and as stated the crank was also a rest place for weary feet :) as we can just imagine a full day of beaver bagging can make a man real tired :lol:....

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:40 pm

Well Jackman...It's really called a "Possum Poke" :lol: not so much a "Beaver Bagger" :wink: (although I suppoz y'all could scoop up beavers as well as possum. :? ..Just the beavers are usually WET & in the water :shock: ...making it nearly impossible to "bag" with a Cub :shock: (unless ya git the optional IH Cub 4-wheeled beaver-bagger floatation pontoons...sold by IH for only 3 months July, Aug & Sept. 1952!!! :wink: )

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:52 pm

Jackman wrote: That position still just did not make sense to me so I looked thru my 56 Lo-boy owners manuel (reprint) . . . but the IH manuel # is CR818E

CR818E sounds like an advertising brochure from 1955. If that is all you have, you should get an Owner's Manual.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:17 pm

Ole Country says:

Well Jackman...It's really called a "Possum Poke" :lol: not so much a "Beaver Bagger" :wink: (although I suppoz y'all could scoop up beavers as well as possum. :? ..Just the beavers are usually WET & in the water :shock: ...making it nearly impossible to "bag" with a Cub :shock: (unless ya git the optional IH Cub 4-wheeled beaver-bagger floatation pontoons...sold by IH for only 3 months July, Aug & Sept. 1952!!! :wink: )

Now see here old friend... ya just gotta know when ta bag them thar Beavers :!: :oops: :? They cannot be bagged too far from the Poplar and Birch groves cause they dry out :roll: :( but ifn ya catchem juuuuussst when they is about to git to the grove :arrow: well then :wink: they is still kinda damp and theys sticks to the bagger better doncha know :wink: :roll: :wink: :P Its all in the timing and in the wrist action as ya yank the lever to liftem up into the bagger :!:

And heres the thing - ifn ya want really good Fried Beaver Tails, then thar beavers still gotta be damp enough for all the sugar and cinnamon to stick :!: :D Hmmmm Good :!: Real Canuck style treat :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:34 pm

I don't know for sure but I think a long time ago I threw out those clips. My tractor never had a crank since I've owned it and I would never have quessed it was stowed under your feet anyway. So not knowing what those pesky clips were for I took them off and tossed them. Go Fiqure!!

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jackman » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:06 pm

[quote="Jim Becker"[/quote]
CR818E sounds like an advertising brochure from 1955. If that is all you have, you should get an Owner's Manual.[/quote]

Hey Jim, Thats right its not an owners manuel my mistake its an 8 page introdution of the Cub Lo boy and yes indeed I should get an owners manuel anyway I just brought home a new book tittled Farmall Cub &Cub Cadet and wouldnt ya know right there on page 37 is a close up pic of the crank in its "normal storage place under the drivers left shoe".......

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:32 am

Hey Jackman...You can get the Cub operator's manual & parts manual and a service manual from Binder Books (binderbooks.com) :D . Those 3 manuals will answer nearly all of your questions (LOT'S OF PHOTOS TOO) :wink: !

Mac from NS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mac from NS » Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:52 am

Thoses pictures do save a lot of reading.
Take a little time to play,you don't grow old as fast that way.

Mac

Return to “Farmall Cub”