This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Help ID a bracket

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Stan_VA
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 22728

Help ID a bracket

Postby Stan_VA » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:45 am

A belated Merry Christmas, an early Happy New Years to all, and a question....

Does anyone know what this bracket is from ? Came through some horse tradin so I don't know it's history. Those slots look like they are for adjustable pulleys? If a mower mount frame any ideas on ID'ing what it came from? I went looking to trade a Cub grader blade to get a C/SuperC/200/230 grader blade and somehow came home with this???? Told him I would try to figure out what it was...
Thanks,
Stan.
Attachments
bracket-1.JPG
52 Super M, 53 Super H, 52 Super C, Wheel horse C101, JD 140.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Help ID a bracket

Postby Boss Hog » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:52 am

looks like a homemade mule drive for a mower
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Tractors Owned: 1 -'58 International Cub Lo-Boy
2 - '46 International A's
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A
1 - ‘41 Ford 9N with a ‘49 8N Engine
1 - ‘48 (5641) Allis Chalmers G

Postby Lt.Mike » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:24 am

Is it for a tractor? looks like a mount or part of one from a Myer snow plow fitting on a pickup or larger truck.
Quote by Gary Pickeral I like
"If it can cast a shadow, it can be restored"

Stan_VA
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Stan_VA » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:09 pm

Dave,
definately some obvious farmer added 'improvements' but if it's homebrewed, gotta be by someone with much better skills than mine ;) Maybe a factory piece modified to fit another application? Those slots did make me think mower drive as well.
Mike,
good question, I don't know it's history, just assumed it was tractor related due to who I got it from...

Sorry for the lack of clarity but having trouble getting good pictures; maybe a few more will help... The clamp-on brackets on the top show about 30-1/2" inside to inside, the welded brackets on the lower side are around 26" inside to inside, the slot is about 13" from the steel box frame, the piece that looks like a drawbar out the back is about 18-1/2" to center of the hole.

Stan.
Attachments
bracket-6.JPG
bracket-5.JPG
bracket-4.JPG
bracket-3.JPG
bracket-2.JPG

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:25 pm

26 makes the welded on brackets about right to bolt on the Cub or A final drives. Maybe it was for something else and modified to use on a Cub. If so, my guess is that the added brackets are on the top rather than the bottom.

Stan_VA
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Stan_VA » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:38 am

Jim,
I hadn't considered I was looking at it upside down. Assuming that the drawbar toungue sticks out the back, turning it over would put the pulley slots offset slightly to the right under the seat rather than the left under the PTO?

Guys thanks for looking it over, seems like if it were a factory IH part someone on here would have spotted it ;) Unfortunately I don't have anything smaller than a Super C here at the moment so will have to wait to experiment on anything. But thanks for everyones thoughts,
Stan.

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”