This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tractor pictures

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Tractor pictures

Postby Super A » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:22 pm

b52c130 wrote:Question. I understand the 'smaller' tractors being 'high crop' for use in crop cultivation; but, what was a high crop M used for? Or, was it just a curiosity? Thanks, NJDale PS - I'll bet that the V8 Ford N was a 'Fun' tractor to drive around the farm !!!

They were also used for crop cultivation. Lots of H/M highcrops in sugarcane country from what I can gather.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:53 am

Bob McCarty wrote:Yogie, Next time you get that far west, you should add on a few more days and come visit in Colorado. That way we can have a serious discussion about what to call a mountain state. I'd need to dig a hole 100' down to be at the same elevation as Spruce Knob, your highest point at 4863', and I'm on the plains. :D

Bob

Elevation isn't what counts in WV. It' all the up's and down's you do to get anywhere. You can drive 50 miles heading due east, west etc. and not be over 20 miles from home as the crow flies. :-) :-) Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Dusti Snider
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24739
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall "M" - Restored
1949 Farmall Cub - Original "Blue Ribbon Reconditioned"
1953 Farmall Super AI
1934 Farmall F-12
1929 Farmall Regular
1956 Ford 640
1972 Ford 4000

Postby Dusti Snider » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:22 pm

Lot's of neat tractors Yogie! I've seen a couple MV's...it would take a lotta guts to drive one of those around here. I love the Funk Ford's...they are just flat out fun to drive, crazy horsepower. I'm a little curious about the Super M though...it has an old style widefront end...and old style front hubs. If the tractor is indeed the last Super M, then I'd put it back the way it's supposed to be.

I hear ya' on the ups and downs too. My mailbox is 1/4 mile away, and I drop almost 700 feet to get there!

Member IHCC Chapter 37 & 42 - North Carolina

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Postby Yogie » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:37 pm

Dusti Snider wrote:Lot's of neat tractors Yogie! I've seen a couple MV's...it would take a lotta guts to drive one of those around here. I love the Funk Ford's...they are just flat out fun to drive, crazy horsepower. I'm a little curious about the Super M though...it has an old style widefront end...and old style front hubs. If the tractor is indeed the last Super M, then I'd put it back the way it's supposed to be.

I hear ya' on the ups and downs too. My mailbox is 1/4 mile away, and I drop almost 700 feet to get there!

I didn't notice the difference Dusti, the only M I'd ever seen was Mr E's when he picked it up in Ohio. I've only seen 1 H, just not Farmall country in my area.
I really liked the MV's and told the owner that if we had one of those up here everyone in the state would come by to see it.
I wish I'd taken time to set on it to see the view.... Maybe next Fall when I go back down. :{_}:
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:57 am

gcbailey wrote:that triple A is awesome... what in the world was that thing used for?

My guess would be to get attention. Somebody got tired of just redoing tractors and had seen several of the "twin" versions of whatever tractor (You know the twin IH A or the twin C or the IH H attached alongside a John Deere H) and wanted to see if they could do a triple.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”