This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

A Very Good Day Hunting

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

A Very Good Day Hunting

Postby Kodiak » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:25 pm

I've been trying to get to the woods ever since Stonethrow was over but just couldn't seem to get everything done I needed to do.....well Wednesday I finally made it to the woods. I got to my stand about 7:15 am and almost got settled in good when I see some movement directly in front of me coming down the hill towards my stand. I had to shift to my right to have any shot and when I did the 6 point buck saw something and turned sidewaysgoing across the hill. It was about a 70 yard shot but I managed to get a nice shot and got my first deer of the season about 7:55am :D So I get him all loaded up and off to the processor I go. On the way 2 more deer cross the road in front of me...nice. Get to the processor unload etc. etc. and back to hunting. I decide to go to the back side of the property to check out the new selective cut the timber company did. It looked like it would help our hunting so I headed back out to the truck. I got almost back to where I shot the buck that morning and hear more deer. I sit down on a bank looking down into a draw and a few minutes later up the hill towards me comes this nice Doe......BOOM!.....so its off to the processor again :{_}:
I finally headed home to clean out the freezer and get ready to fill it back up :D Not a bad Wednesday at all :!:
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: A Very Good Day Hunting

Postby Former Member » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:32 pm

cool Ron

Georgia Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30528
Tractors Owned: 1975 Cub

Postby Georgia Boy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:16 pm

Congratulations Ron! Don't ya just love it when things come together like that. I got a doe with my muzzle loader and a 6 pointer with my rifle so far. The freezer is full, so I am trophy hunting now. Just waiting another week or so to let the rut kick in good before I get serious about it.

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:46 am

You guys are doing great! Only ten more to go!!! I was really surprised when Ron told me the Georgia limit was ten does and two bucks. Wow!! Much more liberal than I'm used to. Good luck as you fill your limit.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:16 pm

Thanks everyone :D It's nice to have all the pressure off on the first day of your hunt, (which dosen't happen ofter) and I will be hunting for horns more too. I still will probably add another doe or two to the freezer but that will probably be it. 12 deer is a lot and I just don't use that much venison. It'll be nice to hunt and if you take a nap and wake to see deer scurring off, no big deal :D just a relaxing hunt :!:
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Corky's Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30607
Tractors Owned: Just One:
1957 Farmall Cub
"Corky"s Cub"

Postby Corky's Cub » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:39 am

Hey Ron,

I wondered what you've been up to!! Sounds like a good first day out!

Corky
I found this old Cub, Forgotten and Forlorn,
With pistons and valves frozen and worn.
Help from my buddies on Farmallcub.com,
And an engine from Ralph, (37’s the one),
Now ole Corky is running and back to life,
Much to the surprise of my dear, dear wife!

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”