This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

IH 434 Diesel How do I bleed the lines

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
clardy
10+ Years
10+ Years

IH 434 Diesel How do I bleed the lines

Postby clardy » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:32 pm

I have a 434, which I understand is similar to the 424, but the Canadian version.

I have a constant problem with it that the fuel lines get plugged and the tractor will not run again. I think that I need to clean out the tank, but before I take it off, I want to make sure that I have the proper proceedure for bleeding the lines. I have had limited sucess doing it myself, but I think that the reason is that I don't understand the flow, so any help would be great.

Clarence

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:02 pm

I have no idea about your tractor but as a general thing there is a filter some where in the fuel line. Clean it if it is that type or replace it if it is the replaceable type. To bleed my JD I remove 1 fuel line at the injector and crank till it jets fuel out of the line, reconnect and it's a go.
If I thought the tank was dirty I would drain the fuel and run it through a filter. I would run some clean through into a white bucket after I thought it was clean to look to prove it is clean.
Water and dirt are the major enemys of diesel. With diesel I store the tractor with a full tank, even over night to prevent water accumulation by condensation.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Diesel

Postby Eugene » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:03 pm

Most diesels have drains on the bottom of the fuel filters. Start the engine, drain the first filter into a large glass jar. When the fuel runs clear shut of the drain. Do the same with the second if the tractor has two filters. Depending on usage you should do this once a week or so. You might consider replacing one or both filters.

Eugene

Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Postby Brent » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:34 am

Clarence,

Bill does it the same way I do on my Ford, except I have four lines to bleed. Just loosen the fitting at the injector and crank it over until fuel comes out then tighten it back up and move to the next one.
Always try the easiest thing first.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:05 pm

Actually Brent is right I loosen all 3 except # 1. Then I crank it till it tries to start or does start on 1. I then tighten the other 3. I also do it this way on over the road trucks so I guess it is kind of universal. I first gave kind of an abreviated version.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

clardy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby clardy » Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:08 am

Thanks Guys for the help.

I am putting the tractor back together again, I took off the tank, the air filter, changed the oil, and cleaning everything as I go. Since it has been some time since this was done, I am taking my time and cleaning everything. Everything gets more complicated because it has a loader on it and is difficult to get to certain parts.

Anyway, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks again

Clarence

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:34 pm

On a diesel I crank it with the fuel off until I see good oil pressure and then advance the throtttle. That is every tim that I start it.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

william menges
10+ Years
10+ Years

prime system

Postby william menges » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:48 pm

clarence
dont know much about farm tractors compared to these guys. i use to run heavy equipment for small excavating co. when one would have problems i was to get it running again. i learned then and still use this way to get my 2400a backhoe/loader going. the problem with old industrial equipment is it sets out on sites where idol hands can throw drit in tank.this will creat sludge in tank you may never get out. my 2400 has replacable fuel filters with glass bottoms. if you havent replaced them it is a good thing to do.( if yours can be ) after puting on new filters i open first filter from tank bleeder valve (on top of filter housing) then with rag wraped around air blower into filler on tank blow air til fuel comes out bleeder valve close valve do same on next filter. now i loosen two face plate screws on injector pump so fuel from filters (with presure from air line in tank) pushes air out of line and pump and is filled with fuel. now i crank over engine and it fires and runs but will clatter til i loosen each injector and get steady fuel in that cylinder and thighten and move to next one then again on third. my 2400 is a 3 cyl. desiel after that it runs great. it takes a lot of time and is a pain but thats how i was taught and it works,these guys might have a easier way
hope i wasn't to wordy just wanted to help.
bill

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”