This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

HELLO FROM ALASKA, NEED INPUT ON THIS TRACTOR I JUST GOT.

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
alaskabrat007
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 99705

HELLO FROM ALASKA, NEED INPUT ON THIS TRACTOR I JUST GOT.

Postby alaskabrat007 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:33 am

Hello all, just acquired a cute tractor and would like to know if anyone knows where to get any parts online for this unit. Its a hesston 140 front runner, with all the attachments, plow, blower, mower, and its got a neat cab too I will upload a photo if I can, anyway weather in alaska is gonna get cold and would like to get it all back lookin new and usable before then, I just need a fan cause 2 propellers are broke, and a voltage regulator, any places online that sell parts for this model, any knowledge would be appreciated, thanks a bunch. :help:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: HELLO FROM ALASKA, NEED INPUT ON THIS TRACTOR I JUST GOT

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:32 am

I did a little research, and from info I found and pictures, I think they were bought out by Toro. If you have a Toro dealer in your area you might check with them.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

tomcat
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71836
Tractors Owned: 49 cub buttercup
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby tomcat » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:21 am

can't help you but i spent 2 week in alaska 8 years ago and loved it. going back one of these days. tom :big smile:

Tezell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39861
Tractors Owned: 76 Cub Denim Springs
49 Cub Denim Springs
51 Cub Uncle Harvey
"Jacksonville" 53 Cub
"Jackson" 76 Cub
"Louie" 64 Cub Fast Hitch
"Paw Paw"71 Cub Fast
Hitch
"Alvin" 72 Cub
"Ugly" 75 Cub
76 Cub Val
Mr. Kirkland" 77 Red Cub
77 Cub "Russell
76 Cub w/fast hitch "Edgar"
76 - 185 Cub Lo Boy
John Deere 2003 - 5320
Kubota 7060
Kubota 5400
Kubota 2680
John Deere 445
TO20 Ferguson

Postby Tezell » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:37 am

I cannot help you either, but welcome to the forum. Someone with some knowledge about your tractor will be along shortly.
"I ain't believing this!"

alaskabrat007
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby alaskabrat007 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:36 pm

Well thanks all, I got the original books on this tractor, they were given to me yesterday, I didnt know who bought the company hesston out if any, so you all think it may have been bought out by toro< i thought it was fiat, anyhoo appreciate it everyone, I wanted to show it off, but the pic is too big, so I will take another picture, yes I will say alaska is a great place I have lived here since 1989, I appreciate the nice replys from my new tractor family, hahaha, thanks yall and have a wonderful day, lately the rain is so bad here, cant seem to get any work done on it, I wanted to sand it down and repaint, just for something to do, I like projects like that, this used to be a state of alaska peice of equiptment, so I will see what it can do for me, talk to ya later. :D

alaskabrat007
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby alaskabrat007 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:37 pm

tomcat wrote:can't help you but i spent 2 week in alaska 8 years ago and loved it. going back one of these days. tom :big smile:

thanks for your input I hope I am replying to your post right this is all new to me, alaska is great, love it here so pretty.

alaskabrat007
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby alaskabrat007 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:38 pm

tezell63 wrote:I cannot help you either, but welcome to the forum. Someone with some knowledge about your tractor will be along shortly.

Hello thanks for your post, appreciate it , take care till next time.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:14 pm

to reduce the picture you have download Irfanview. it is a free program you can get at irfanview.com. Very easy to use. It has to be for me to use it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

alaskabrat007
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby alaskabrat007 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:24 pm

well thank you so much for some reason i cant upload any of my photos that is crazy, i'll try your idea thank you very much, atleast an avatar of me, bye for know I'm gonna try this its always nice to see who your talkin to,

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:22 pm

I think Paul Bell (Paul B) may have either a Hesston Front Runner or some information on them. You might send him a P.M.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

alaskabrat007
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby alaskabrat007 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:35 pm

HEY THATS HOW I DO THINGS TOO, THATS FUNNY, OR IF ITS A DRIVEABILITY PROBLEM AND YOU NEED SOME ELBOW GREASE ND A HALF A DOOFINATIN VALVE.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:37 pm

Short search of the internet said the engine was a 20 hp Kohler. Voltage regulators for Kohler engines are available at most auto parts stores or small engine shops. Identify the exact engine and then take in the old regulator. Auto parts stores can obtain small engine parts for popular makes.

The fans. Take the fan(s) to your local small engine shop or industrial supply store. Knowledgable counter person will just look at it and tell you what you can use to replace it.

Identify each major component of the machine. Engine, transmission, etc.. Parts and major components are/were usually made to industrial standards. Basically I suggesting that most parts can be obtained locally.
I have an excuse. CRS.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:11 pm

From your Zip Code you are in North Pole Alaska. If I remember right that is not far from Fairbanks. They should have some good parts people there.
In the early 60's I worked in Fairbanks, Pedro Dome, Murphy Dome, Paxton and about 6 months in Tok. One time we borrowed a company car and visited North Pole. Had a Great time while there. Another time we went from Tok to Valdez. The snow in the mountain Pass was spectacular. Then we went through the tunnel and it was raining on the Valdez side and no snow at all. Quite a surprise.
I did a google on Hesston 140 parts and got a number of hits, including this thread. Yesterdays tractors seems to have stuff you will find interesting. Plug,s points, belts, condensers,coils and lub products are generally available generic. Bearings, rings, valves and such are pretty generic if you are handy with a Micrometer.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Introduce Yourself”