This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

John Deere Trailer Plows

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

John Deere Trailer Plows

Postby Eugene » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:25 am

Just off loaded. Couple of John Deere trailer type plows. Picked them up for scrap iron price and some gas money for delivery on the acreage. Plan is/was to purchase a trailer type plow to plow a deer food plot. Cause - done bent the crap out of a 2 bottom, converted over to (home made) 3 point hitch plow. Which I repaired and reinforced - then promptly snaged it again and bent it up. With the trailer type plow if I snag something the hitch will unlatch.

Nearest plow is one of the #52 series. 14" bottoms. I have another trailer wheel, coulters, moldboard and shears from the bent up 3-point hitch plow.
Unbolted the hitch, washed it off with garden hose. Hitch still works. Everything works - needs a bit of PB blaster to loosen up levers and grease the wheels..

Furtherest plow beam number is 583 making it one of the Model 4 series. 2 each 12" bottoms. Haven't look this plow over. Appears to be all there except for some broken springs.

Ask the wife if she wanted to go for a ride to the acreage. 110 degree heat index. Took a couple photos of the tail wheel bolt holes on the first plow. Wife started pulling the brush (multi-floral rose) from the second mower. Got a hand saw from the shop and cut the major branches while wife pulled the brambles from the mower. And she complains that I never take here any place or do anything exciting together.

During research, found that the toy plows cost more than the real thing. Also found an advertisement from 1929 for sale on E-bay for $216-.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Re: John Deere Trailer Plows

Postby Barnyard » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:40 am

Great haul Eugene! A couple neat old plows and a day of quality time with the missus. You can't beat that. :D
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:19 pm

I have seen a lot of brush piles and multifora rose bushes, but that is the first time I ever saw one that had grown it's own wheels. If I had knonw you wanted brush, you could have gotten some for free when you were here without having to pay anyone for it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Postby VinceD » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:01 pm

Nice find, Eugene. :D :D
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:24 pm

One of the neighbors down the street picks up scrap metal. I disassembled the bent up 3-point plow yesterday. Kept the parts needed for these two plows. I gave the neighbor the two cut off main beams. Guessing - around 300 lbs of metal. I also throw small pieces of scrap metal on his load rather than put it in garbage. He gives me first shot at any farm equipment he picks up. Lot of the stuff is just scrap metal. But, occasionally he picks up some really nice items.

There was an IH trailer type plow on the load with the two JD plows. Neighbor had already pulled the spoked metal rimed wheels from the IH plow and it was in poor shape. So, I didn't have it off loaded. Neighbor sells some of the better items. I'm guessing that he gets about $40- for a pair of spoked rims for lawn ornaments.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”