This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

1450 CC lift assist spring

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jim turner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64784
Circle of Safety: Y

1450 CC lift assist spring

Postby jim turner » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:30 pm

I can't figure it out I have a rather large spring with a bracket on each end, I suppose it is in some way to assist the lift for the Brindly hitch, but where do it fasten to the tractor?
Jim Turner

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: 1450 CC lift assist spring

Postby wdeturck » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:47 am

To see the rest of the Brinly spring assist
http://www.cubcadetcollectors.com/manuals/main.php?g2_itemId=4347&g2_imageViewsIndex=1
IH made a spring assist that mounts on the left side also
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:26 am

It depends. If it is a spring assist, and if it is a Brinly-Hardy spring assist, it mounts like Geezer's post shows. If it is an IH spring assist, the "L" bracket mounts to the rear of the left frame rail, the other bracket to the rockshaft under the tractor, but there are two different IH spring assist, 1 for the narrow frame tractors, 1 for the wide frames. I would assume you have the one for a wide frame, but since the 1450 has a hydraulic lift, you really don't need it unless you are going to hang something very heavy on the back of the tractor. A picture would help.

jim turner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64784

Postby jim turner » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:22 am

Thanks guys, the only thing I will ever have on the tractor is a plow and maybe a disc. I will try for a picture.
Jim Turner

Return to “Cub Cadet”