This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Trivia Question.

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Trivia Question.

Postby Eugene » Sun May 22, 2011 5:01 pm

Thoughts.

Haven't torn tractor down so don't know the answer.

122 Cub Cadet. Stuck in reverse. Shifter floats - nothing. Clutch and brake work. Tractor starts and drives great in reverse.

Drove the garden tractor backwards up ramps and into the pickup bed. Removed the spark plug and planned on rolling the tractor forward (engine turning backward) out of the pickup bed. Rear tires spin in opposite directions. Transmission drive shaft does not turn when pushing tractor forward with spark plug removed.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Re: Trivia Question.

Postby Paul B » Sun May 22, 2011 5:47 pm

Try pushing the clutch in and see if it will let it roll, but just enough to declutch and not enough to apply the brakes. The wheels turning in opposite directions is normal, just as it would be if you jacked up the rearend and turned one wheel, the other one would turn the opposite way. Just the nature of the beast..........and the differential. If the declutching doesn't work, it's time to pull the transmission top plate and shift it into neutral, and repair the shifter.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Sun May 22, 2011 6:30 pm

Paul B wrote:Try pushing the clutch in and see if it will let it roll, but just enough to declutch and not enough to apply the brakes.
Done that. Should have added it in the problem description.

Depress the clutch and the tractor will roll forward about 1/2" then lock up. Depress the clutch and the tractor will roll backward.

Shifter for sure will have to be repaired or replaced. Guessing there is some thing stuck in or between gear teeth some place.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Jeff in Pa
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18092
eBay ID: jrd77vet
Tractors Owned: Cub Cadet 122
Cub Cadet 125

Postby Jeff in Pa » Sun May 22, 2011 6:48 pm

Eugene wrote:
Paul B wrote:Try pushing the clutch in and see if it will let it roll, but just enough to declutch and not enough to apply the brakes.
Done that. Should have added it in the problem description.

Depress the clutch and the tractor will roll forward about 1/2" then lock up. Depress the clutch and the tractor will roll backward.

Shifter for sure will have to be repaired or replaced. Guessing there is some thing stuck in or between gear teeth some place.

Something is keeping it from moving forward but it's in their in such a way it can move in reverse. Time to tear it down before more damage is done.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Wed May 25, 2011 10:50 am

Pulled the transmission cover. Both shifter forks loose. One just loose and the other really loose and turned to the side. Guessing the really loose shifter turned to the side was ratcheting off of a gear - letting the tractor roll backward but not forward.

Set gears in neutral, tightened up shifter forks. Rolled tractor forward and backward.

Fixed both flat front tires. Son started tractor up and ran it through the gears.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Winfield Dave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17953
Tractors Owned: ......Almost enough.
N3NIK

Postby Winfield Dave » Wed May 25, 2011 12:03 pm

Eugene....Glad to hear it was a simple fix. :D
Dave
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth." -- Napoleon Hill

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12487

Postby Jackman » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:50 am

Good thread Eugene , I have a soon to come home 104 its stuck in reverse and shifter come all the way out so I think its the same issue you had on yours :idea: 's

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:20 pm

did you tac weld the forks? On my 154 loboy the rev/1st fork was the problem and i tightened it up and t5ac welded it. All the cadets i have pulled the shifter cover on to check them while i had it apart were welded already. I put a tac where the fork loops were the bolt is back to the fork body. There is an open tang there thats not supported. I just copied what i seen on all the cadets so far. My 154 shifts awesome now and the shifter forks comming loose again is a case of forget it. I hate doing the samething over and over. I taught my kids not to force the shifter too and let the clutch up a tad so the gears will spin to line them up so the'll engage.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Cub Cadet”