This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tragic accident claims the life of an 88 year old

Have a safety tip you want to share? Did you or a friend learn it the hard way? Help someone else by posting your tips on tractor, farm, shop, lawn, garden, kitchen, etc., safety.
Forum rules
Safety is an important and often overlooked topic. Make safety a part of your everyday life and let others know how much you care by making their lives safer too. Let the next generation of tractor enthusiasts benefit from your experience, and maybe save a life or appendages.
Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety: Y

Tragic accident claims the life of an 88 year old

Postby Dennis » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:43 pm

Niles farmer dies when tractor rolls down hill

An 88-year-old man was killed Monday afternoon when his tractor rolled down a 30-foot embankment in front of his Old Salt Road farm in the town of Niles, the Cayuga County Sheriff’s Office said.
Deputies said August Komoroski was attempting to turn his Farmall tractor with a sickle-arm mower at the top of the embankment when the tractor rolled down the hill toward the road, pinning him underneath.
The accident happened in front of Komoroski’s farm at 4455 Old Salt Road, deputies said.

The accident was reported by a neighbor at 1:58 p.m., but authorities do no know how long Komoroski was pinned underneath the vehicle before that time, deputies said.
New Hope Fire Chief Dennis Bell, who responded to the scene and is also one of Komoroski’s neighbors, said Komoroski rents out most of his farm land now, but said he remembered the land was also used for crops when he was a child.
Komoroski also used to transport dairy cattle for local farmers.

“I knew him as a kid,” Bell said. “My father worked for his brother. I knew him casually, he was a pretty easy going guy.”

Read more: http://auburnpub.com/news/local/article ... z1QhCkH6JI

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Re: Tragic accident claims the life of an 88 year old

Postby Barnyard » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:58 pm

Thanks Dennis! Many of the members use their Cubs daily and may "forget" the simple things while enjoying their seat time.

Just today, I have found these on our local news

http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/Tractor-Falls-On-Man/O6Lgp7LwS06QxmCwdEyVnQ.cspx

http://www.wlwt.com/news/28401161/detail.html

Although these involved larger tractors, we must remember that a Cub weighs six to eight times more than most of us.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:55 pm

It just shows you can't let your guard down for even a second.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:01 pm

I was just reading the updates and found that these two stories are now one in the same. The other station has added that there were two kids on the tractor and it was the same road as the other story with a car passing. Evidently each station was reporting the same story but neither had all the info.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Return to “Safety Forum”