This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

IHCC 382

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

IHCC 382

Postby Rudi » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:06 pm

Don't know much about the 382 tractor, but there is one close to me and he is asking $200.00 for it. Comments on the merits/cons for this unit type? No mower, homemade blade.

Like I need another project about as much as I need another hole in my head, but for some reason these things always seem to pop up especially if the Cub Fund has a few pennies in it :roll: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Re: IHCC 382

Postby Eugene » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:42 pm

My opinion, which is worth absolutely nothing since I only do narrow framed Cub Cadet garden tractors.

Not worth any where near $200-. Missing the mower deck, belt driven, needs work, and is a lawn tractor not a much more robust garden tractor.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:42 am

I would save my money and use it for a IH built, shaft driven, Cub Cadet garden tractor, not on a belt driven Cadet lawn tractor that has limited appeal (even when new) and/or collector interest. Parts for them are hard to find.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:12 pm

Eugene and Paul:

Many thanks for the input. I have decided to pass on it. Had enough with simple lawn tractors. I would like a gear driven one with a deck to mate up with my 129 hydro some day.

I was just curious about the Red ones..

Paul:

I assume that this may be one of the MTD's as I could not find a listing in the Serial # by Model # pages over on CCC.com. What year would this possibly been in production?
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

gitractorman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14072
eBay ID: toysforjake
Tractors Owned: Lots of Cub Cadets!
1951 Farmall Cub
1977 IH Cub
1966 IH Cub
1965 IH Lo Boy
1964 IH Lo Boy
1949 Farmall Cub
Several IH 154 Lo Boys
1979 IH 184 Lo Boy
Simplicity 4416 Sovereign
Simplicity Conquest
Simplicity Legacy 4x4 Diesel
Mitsubishi MT180D 4x4 Diesel

Postby gitractorman » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:30 pm

Rudi,
You have to watch out for the "red" cub cadets. There were two production runs. The IH built tractors from 1979 through 1981, then the Cub Cadet Corporation/MTD built tractors from 1982 through 1985. The IH build ones are as tough as the older Cub Cadets. The CCC built garden tractors are nearly as tough as the old IH tractors, but they did lighten them up, used an aluminum rear differential housing and aluminum axles tubes, etc. Those are not bad tractors either, but there are some slight differences.

This one you listed above is a CCC lawn tractor, and has a belt driven peerless transaxle, that's pretty much junk now because parts are nearly impossible to find. IH actually started this line of tractors in the mid 1970s with the Cadet 80 and eventually the "Spirit of 76"

Same machine, different paint. They really were not bad little machines, and were a step above the old rear engine riders, and even were offered with snow blades and a snow blower, but they really could not handle that kind of work
Cub Cadets 682, 1811, 1864, Simplicity Legacy XL 4x4 Diesel with FEL, 60" mower, 50" Tiller

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:15 am

Rudi,
The 382 is basically the same as Cadet 76 that IH built from 1972 to 1976, the Spirit of 76 built in 75 and 76, the model 80 with a hydro transmission from 77 to 79 along with the gear driven model 81, the 111 in 78-79, the 182,282 in 78-79 supposedly, and the 382, and 382 Hydro in 1980 and part of 81. Cub Cadet Corp built the 382 from 1982-84. Basically the only difference between the different models was the paint color and engine HP went up over the years (from 7Hp to 11HP I think). They were basically a low end lawn tractor built to compete with the other "riding lawn mowers" that were on the market at the time. The belt driven Peerless transaxle was basically a non serviceable unit, both the gear version and the hydro. Parts for the B&S engine models used are also hard to find.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:49 am

Paul, Bill:

Thank you both for your answers. I have looked at all the information I could find on the 382 and it appears to me that the 11hp model itself is definitely an MTD. While the 7 hp 382 may have replaced the 111, the one I was looking at is a 11 hp. So that kind of removes all doubt.

When it comes to the Peerless transaxle, I already knew that some though not all were serviceable. My 1990 Sears (aka Roper) 12.5 had rear end problems so I took apart the transaxle and replaced the gear that was busted. That was long before I had access to the wealth of knowledge in our community and it was a very -- did I mention a very painful learning experience. In fact most of my learning experiences in those days were extremely painful to the pocketbook :big give up: :lol:

Even though this particular unit says International Harvester on it according to the PO, I will be keeping my distance from it. Don't need another project and certainly don't need another MTD unit around here. Just got rid of the last MTD Ride On -- the Co-Op Turf Trac. Gave that puppy away to a young lad who is interested in small engine equipment. Went to a good home :!:

Now, ifn a Spirt of 76 were to rear up on it's hind end, it might make me sit up and take notice. I think they are pretty cool, but the likelyhood of finding one of them north of the 49th is not only slim to remote - probably non-existent :roll:

Return to “Cub Cadet”