This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Super A touch control.

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Atlantic Maritimer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: B0N1C0

Super A touch control.

Postby Atlantic Maritimer » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:03 pm

Well as I have posted last week, the super a is done and today I started it. Runs great. So I was standing there admiring my work and thought I would cycle through the touch control. I moved the levers forward and thats were they stayed. I couldn't pull them back. Any thoughts why it would be stuck forward? I filled it with 20w oil, I'll drain it later and refill it with TDH or something the same. :help:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Super A touch control.

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:05 pm

You need to put Hy Tran in it, Never use motor oil. I guess any hydraulic oil may work, but I only use Hy Tran so I can only recommend Hy Tran. Sure it is 20 bucks a gal but I have no trouble using it that make it a cheap buy in my book. Was the T/C working to start with? I hope the o rings have not come apart
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Atlantic Maritimer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: B0N1C0

Re: Super A touch control.

Postby Atlantic Maritimer » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:31 pm

No, It wasn't working. It was continously hipcupping with the grader blade so you can imagine how the driveway looked after I made a pass. I put a rebuild kit into it this winter, I had some guidance to do it but I have done a super C and a few cubs in the last few years, so It wasn't a big deal. After I sent this message I started messing with it some more and got it working somewhat. I'm thinking it might have had some air in it. The true test will be when the blade is hooked up to it. The HY Tran oil that come from case is the same as Hy Guard from John Deere and TDH from Texaco or TH from wallymart (Transmission, Differential, Hydraulic) Just curious, since we don't have touch control fluid anymore, and they didn't have HY Trans 50 or 60 yrs ago couldn't you put 10w into it? I know alot of gear uses 10w as a hydraulic fluid 40 yrs ago and continue to use it today. Just curious.

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”