Mini F cub made out of a Cadet

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Mini F cub made out of a Cadet

Postby Redcub » Mon May 23, 2011 10:03 pm

Found really nice pic of a Mini F-Cub made out of a Cub Cadet. Does anybody have any info on this project. I love it! :D
How was the hood made? Was the right side axle extended and the left side chopped? I'm very impressed with it.
Do you think the steering gear is from a Cadet or something else? I like the "lawn-vision"
Next time you are out here in the Pacific NW see us at
The Great Oregon Steam Up in Brooks Ore, along Interstate-5 just North of Salem
http://www.antiquepowerland.com Held the last weekend of July, and 1st weekend of August
"Steam and Gasoline"
Redcub
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!

Zip Code: 97000
Tractors Owned: Cub'less right now. Howard CD6 Despeeder, Howard L&S-28 Rotovator, Front end loader, Hub City PTO clockwise converter/rpm reducer, Cub tach, Cub Hobbs meter, Donaldson pre-cleaner. Building my Cub "hope chest" so i can put stuff on one some time soon.
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Mini F cub made out of a Cadet

Postby Tezell » Wed May 25, 2011 7:34 am

Cool! :big afro:
"I ain't believing this!"
Tezell
501 Club
501 Club

Zip Code: 39861
Tractors Owned: 51 Cub
"Jacksonville" 53 Cub
"Dale" 53 Cub Fast Hitch
"Louie" 64 Cub Fast Hitch
"Elmore"71 Cub
"Paw Paw"71 Cub Fast
Hitch
"Ugly" 75 Cub
John Deere 2003 - 5320
Circle of Safety Award

Postby Paul B » Wed May 25, 2011 10:21 am

I believe that tractor was built by Ray Brown from Eldridge, IA . I am not sure if he still owns it or if it has been sold. If memory serves me right, the steering box is from a Cub Cadet, and is turned on it's side. I believe he made the front axle and yes the right side is longer than the left. The frame is from a Cub Cadet and the axle pivots on the stock Cub Cadet axle pivot point. Ray also built a mini Farmall B.

I built this one from a Cub Cadet 70, but it is now owned by Kenny & Julie Wilson, from western Kentucky. The steering box on it is also a Cub Cadet unit that is slightly modified. The axle pivot is under the steering box and is centered on the axle.
Paul B
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety Award

Postby Redcub » Wed May 25, 2011 1:02 pm

Perfect! Thanks for your reply and the pics. This will help is I ever get to the point of making one. Looks like a fun project.
Next time you are out here in the Pacific NW see us at
The Great Oregon Steam Up in Brooks Ore, along Interstate-5 just North of Salem
http://www.antiquepowerland.com Held the last weekend of July, and 1st weekend of August
"Steam and Gasoline"
Redcub
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!

Zip Code: 97000
Tractors Owned: Cub'less right now. Howard CD6 Despeeder, Howard L&S-28 Rotovator, Front end loader, Hub City PTO clockwise converter/rpm reducer, Cub tach, Cub Hobbs meter, Donaldson pre-cleaner. Building my Cub "hope chest" so i can put stuff on one some time soon.
Circle of Safety Award

Postby mclark » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:54 am

Ray Brown is an awesome fella. I recently purchased a Mini B from him.... I luv it... I had it in it's 1st parade a couple weeks ago, I had a blast. I attached a picture. He does really great work.
Attachments
080.jpg
mclark

Zip Code: 50644

Return to Cub Cadet Forum