This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Refurbished value

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
dhermesc
10+ Years
10+ Years

Refurbished value

Postby dhermesc » Wed May 18, 2011 9:50 am

What would you say the value of a refurbished Cub Cadet 125 would be with rear lift arm, 42" deck and headlights?

It has had the following work:

Rebuilt engine that was bore .010 over and crank ground .010 under, new rod, piston valves and governor gears.

Rebuilt stearing with new cam follower and all new tire rod ends.

New muffler, rebuilt PTO, new headlights and switch, new front tires, new front wheel bearings, new wiring harness and battery cables.

Nice enamal paint job with period correct colors with no runs on the tractor, wheels and deck along with a set of Maple Hunter decals on the tractor and deck.

Only the rear tires (no weathering), the two belts, steering wheel cap (crazed not cracked) and the deck blades look "old", the rest looks like it did in 1968.
Freedom is for those that claim it.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Refurbished value

Postby wdeturck » Wed May 18, 2011 11:47 am

Mostly depends weather your the buyer or seller. The value will be the selling price.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Thu May 19, 2011 6:16 pm

The most i have ever paid for a cub cadet 122 with a new 12hp kolher replacement engine in very good+++ condition from its orginal owner was $400, its not perfect but almost, i been running it for 4 years now with very little problems. I did take the 42'' deck and added the 48'' deck on it. With that said a totally rebuilt cub cadet from the frame up I think if its all correct and done properly with new tires it should be worth at least $1,000 to $1,200 with mower deck if it all looks refurbished/like new again, only if its showroom new again. Anything less we need to start minus'ng the dollars. I wouldn't sell or part with any of my good running turn key cub cadets for no less than $750, my ready to gas up and mow cadets, not loooking perfect but not beat up either. I did end up putting new tires on most of my cadets anyway. If i ever do part with one i know they won't be comming back with problems.

If its just doctored up with no new tires were talking less money between the $400 to $650 range.

Its hard without looking at it.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Fri May 20, 2011 10:48 pm

For insurance purposes, you may be able to set what ever value you want, within reason, but unless it is something rare (which a 125 is not), as a rule you can probably only sell it for about half what you have in it., if that much. That is not to say you may not find someone that is willing to give what ever you ask, but that is the exception rather than the rule (whats the saying about when two fools meet......). I have bought, sold, and refurbished many, many Cub Cadets, and as a rule, you can never get the money back that it cost you to restore/refurbish the tractor (or any other vehicle for that matter). When selling a tractor in the condition you describe will, it normally will not sell for much of a premium over a run of the mill 125 in running/driving condition. Bottom line is it is only worth what a buyer is willing to give, and the seller is willing to accept.

Return to “Cub Cadet”