This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Brisketts

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
IllPayForIt C.H.B
10+ Years
10+ Years

Brisketts

Postby IllPayForIt C.H.B » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:42 pm

A little bit more about me I love to cook whenever I am not to tired from work but most weekend cooking is on me at my house.

Tom's winner briskett

1x 4 n half pound brisket
5 cloves of garlic coarsely chopped
1 bottle Tabasco chipotle sauce
kosher salt
black pepper
Tony Chacheres/Louisiana seasoning (orange can) or one may use Lowerys seasoning salt
wood chips are the users preference I use hickory in this case.

first place brisket on cutting board with a knife starting on the top cut a hole into the meat with the knife (stab meat and twist knife) insert a piece of garlic plug hole with meat from knife do this around all the sides of the brisket unlet it is thin then just do the top. Take the tabasco a sprinkle the top of the brisket. Dust the top with the kosher salt, pepper and seasoning of your choice. After you have done this take you hand and rub the seasoning into the meat repeat for the bottom side also, after that is complete you can wipe the excess rub off of your hands onto the sides of the brisket. Place in smoker for 3 and a half hours. (times may very depending upon your smoker) I highly suggest using a temperature probe inside the meat with the actual temp reader on the outside of the smoker that way you dont lose heat and smoke when you physically check on it. I make this recipe with an electric master built smoker item number on cabelas web site (Item: IK-519391)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Brisketts

Postby Dennis » Mon May 02, 2011 2:39 pm

Thanks for sharing your recipe Tom. I just purchased an electric master built smoker a couple about a week ago. So far I've smoked a pork loin roast, brisket, and chicken breasts. I love this smoker since I don't have the time (or patience) to constantly monitor the heat. So far, I've gotten thumbs up on all three dishes. I'll post my families favorite recipes once I get them perfected.

What temperature did you use (smoker temp & meat final temp)? I went to 170 internal temp at 225 degrees -- I think I could have went longer and lower to get it a little more tender and add to the smoke ring.

Thanks,
Dennis

IllPayForIt C.H.B
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby IllPayForIt C.H.B » Mon May 02, 2011 3:04 pm

mr Dennis since mine has the external analog temp gauge i let it heat up to the grill range then when i open the door to place the meat it puts me in the red bbq range and i adjust the temp to the medium setting on the control and try to keep it in the low bbq range. I have to get a new thermometer to put in the meat mine went dead while do some frying.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Mon May 02, 2011 5:10 pm

Pastrami. My favorite way to cook/prepare brisket. There are a number of pastrami recipies on the internet. Easiest way is to purchase a corned beef brisket from the grocery store.

5 lbs corned beef brisket

Mix the following then rub evenly on both sides of the brisket.
3 T. ground black pepper
2 T. ground coriander
1/2 t. red pepper
1 T. paprika
1 T. liquid smoke if desired

Aluminum foil. Grease with about 1 T. vegetable oil. Wrap and seal the brisket. Another piece of aluminum foil - turn brisket over and wrap. And one more time. So that you have 3 layers of tightly sealed aluminum foil.

Place on a cooky sheet because some juice will ooze out.

Oven for 5 hours at 240 degrees.

Don't unwrap. Let cool then place in refridgerator over night.

Might just as well use up any extra oven space and make up a beef stew in a dutch oven and place in the oven.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”