This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Stuck and Troubled

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Stuck and Troubled

Postby Eugene » Sun May 01, 2011 5:04 pm

Son, dog and high centered Cub. Gonna be a deer food plot. First time this ground has been plowed in quite some time, if ever.

Mott flail mower pushed up against torque tube. Tractor drawbar dragging on the ground and disk harrow tongue also in the ground. Pulled the disk backward first. Then the Cub backward. Took about 5 minutes to unstick.

Put the disk harrow on the WD. Much taller, heavier tractor. Let son take all of the bumps and jolts knocking off the ridges and dips.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Re: Stuck and Troubled

Postby VinceD » Sun May 01, 2011 6:02 pm

I hope the deer appreciate all your hard work. :D :D

The ground looks dry in the pictures. Did you miss all the torrential rains we received down here?
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

mikethefixitman1
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45417
Tractors Owned: 1949 Farmall CUB
129 CUB CADET
180 JD YT
160 JD YT
Various yard tractors and various brands
TOTALING 10

Postby mikethefixitman1 » Sun May 01, 2011 6:54 pm

Oppps.
Glad you were able to get it out. IT does look dry but pic's are sometimes deceiving.
Roger

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Sun May 01, 2011 7:22 pm

Top inch of soil is dry. Dried in the previous 24 hour period without significant rain.

It is currently raining.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sun May 01, 2011 7:59 pm

Eugene - was he trying to use the flail mower as a tiller? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Sun May 01, 2011 8:16 pm

Bigdog wrote:Eugene - was he trying to use the flail mower as a tiller? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not the son. I did it.

Got my share of advice last night on the chat, about how not to get in those situations. Like, remove the Mott flail mower before disking. Don't drive in furrows. Get a bigger tractor. Wouldn't have happened with my JD.
I have an excuse. CRS.

TaylorLambert
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: Farmall Cub, YM3000 Yanmar, 1975 3550 Ford backhoe Case Skid steers, and a fence row BF Moline

Postby TaylorLambert » Sun May 01, 2011 8:31 pm

A Cub isnt anything lol my list of Items stuck Jd 762 elevating scraper 2 times really bad, D5B Cat 5 times really bad one summer when I started running a dozers alot. D66E Komatsu trackloader in the TN river head first, My PC 50 Komatsu mini ex, Moxy haul trucks 5 times, 5299 American friction crane once, Large Ingersoll Rand roller and a few others lol. Its a ton of work even on the little stuff. I have a friend that has a new JD tractor with a loader and 4x4 and he has a belly mower. He found that for loder work the belly mower makes a good tractor brake. Good job on the recovery.

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Mon May 02, 2011 7:37 am

Eugene, I just have to ask, what did you try to plow that with? Had to be a disc plow :D
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Mon May 02, 2011 5:35 pm

Boss Hog wrote:Eugene, I just have to ask, what did you try to plow that with? Had to be a disc plow :D
Well David, I'm glad you ask.

A WD Allis Chalmers and a homemade 3-point, 2-16" plow son purchased at auction years ago. I think it was a cut down trailer type JD plow that some one used as a high school shop project. Catagory O hitch. Plow's top link needs to be moved closer to the tractor and the hook up for the lift arms are not even. Doesn't plow well or straight. Used the plow several years ago to plow a fire break. Bent up the plow's lift arms hitch. Straightened out the hitch and beefed it up some.

Plowing up rocks and tree stumps. Broke one side of the plow's hitch - Again. Giving up on this plow.

Gotta admit. I have stuck many tractors in the mud and even a 4 wheel drive pickup that sunk in up to the frame. But this is the first time I have ever been stuck on dry ground.

I was going to use the Cub and plow but to lazy to remove the Mott flail mower and install the plow then a couple hours later remove the plow and reinstall the Mott.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Steve H
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45371
eBay ID: 937Plumb3360
Tractors Owned: Ford 2n
Ford Jubilee
Case 685
JD 4020
JD x300(mower)
53 F-Cub (dads)
72 Cub(dads)
48 Farmall H

Postby Steve H » Mon May 02, 2011 6:09 pm

See, what you need to do is convince the boss that more tractors are needed! :D That way you can have a tractor for each job you need. Won't have to worry about being lazy anymore. :lol:
i'm still trying to convince mine of this very thought................ and have been for 14 years.
I'M HAVIN A BLAST!!!!

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Mon May 02, 2011 7:59 pm

WOW !!!!!!! I think ya better get another cub.One for the Flail mower,one for the disc,one to plow etc etc.......Kevin :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Mon May 02, 2011 8:35 pm

KETCHAM wrote:WOW !!!!!!! I think ya better get another cub.One for the Flail mower,one for the disc,one to plow etc etc.......Kevin :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I love my Cub. Fantastic little tractor, great mower and trailer tractor. But, I have 3 other tractors and a bunch of other motorized equipment with more capabilities. Also out of storage room. Perhaps when I get the acreage paid off in 18 to 24 months - then build a big shop/house.

I'm also the guy with 2 pickups in the drive and the wife has her own vehicle. Yup, 2 pickups, so I have something to drive when one is down for service. Cause wife ain't gonna let me use here car to haul fence posts or mineral and salt blocks. And she will only drive the pickup with the automatic transmission - - - - if there is nothing else in the parking.

Basicaly, I got more toys than I can take care of.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Postby Yogie » Tue May 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Eugene, I've pretty much given up on Spring food plots this year, the rain seems to never end. :roll:
I'll just keep things mowed nice, maybe fertilize a little and hit it about the end of Aug. for Fall season. :wink:
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Tue May 03, 2011 9:49 pm

Just going to disk to knock down some of the major humps. Then broadcast milo and some other grains. Harrow and shut the gate.

Really hasn't been a decent spring for preping the ground. Way to wet. And more rain forcast, about every 2 or 3 days. Don't think the Missouri clay will dry out in another 3 or 4 weeks.
I have an excuse. CRS.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:01 am

I learned several years ago to pull the flail off before disking new ground after plowing.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”