This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rebuilding my 3260 mower deck

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Rebuilding my 3260 mower deck

Postby BigBill » Sun May 01, 2011 6:17 pm

For the past few years my 3260 mower deck has been growling. I greased it with moly grease which fights corrosion and i tightened up the spindle nuts till there was no play in the shafts. Its been running ok but since i have the PTO apart and working on that i figured i tear down the 3260 deck and rebuild that too since i have all the parts. My son went to work on it with the impact gun and had it all apart in 30 minutes. Even the spindles came right apart too. Nothing was stuck or frozen, even the spacers are loose and slide right off the shafts too. I know we pumped a lot of grease in the spindles in the past 4 or so years since i been using it. Did i get lucky or what??? :big afro: Bill

BTW; Since were having all this wet weather now i dropped 150lbs of grass seed to ressed the lawn while we repair the int154 w/3260 deck. I figure in two weeks we should have her up and running, ready to cut grass in 4 or 5 weeks. I have started up 5 cadets so far. No dead batteries yet. Even my hobart welder started right up too.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Rebuilding my 3260 mower deck

Postby BigBill » Tue May 03, 2011 3:11 pm

I popped the spindles apart today and the roller bearings are slightly corroded. Two of the lower seals are gone rubber wise. I have the spindles all apart now. It seems that most of the growling was from the bad PTO bearing. Everything looks ok and with 6 new bearings and seals it should be up and running. I did notice the center blade would scalp at times. The square steel plate that supports the middle spindle and the center of the mower deck housing is on an angle. It needs two bolts in the rear part of the plate to hold it firm and level to the lawn and housing.

How noisy is the 3260 deck when its running with good bearings???
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”