This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hello from Ravenna

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
Smokeycub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44266
Tractors Owned: 48 F Cub #11678
65 Cub Cadet 104
70 450C JD loader
67 Cub Cadet 107
90 B7100HST-D Kubota
72 Cub Cadet 149
54 Super C
Circle of Safety: Y

Hello from Ravenna

Postby Smokeycub » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:50 pm

Hi everyone. I'm new to your site and thought it might be a good idea to join in as a source for insight and general information as well as share some stories. I've got a 49 Cub which I bought about six years ago. It came with a number of usefull attatchments. I have a 59" woods belly mower, a standard 12" bottom plow, a set of cultivators, two drag harrows, a set of dics, a mower bar, and a grading blade, all original Farmall impliments for a Cub except the Woods mower. It also came with a right angle flat belt PTO, rear wheel weights, and a set of steel spiked wheel attatchments for the rear wheels, kinda like the old style iron wheels.

I bought the tractor from a guy about 60 miles from where I live and I got most of the manuals that came with the tractor when it was new. I loved the marketing ploy they used for the Cub in their brochere, "The Farmall Cub handles every two horse or mule job - and then some. It outworks a team on all jobs, and handles some jobs two or three times as fast. It doesn't eat when it isn't working, and adds from 3 to 5 crop acres for each animal it replaces. And, beside, it is always harnessed and ready for work!" ...and that's a direct quote from the 1949 sales brochere, I smile every time I see that.

Interestingly, even though I bought the tractor some 60 miles away, it was originally sold from a place called Ravenna Truck and Implement in Ravenna which is where I live. The tractor has an original decal ( a little hard to read) from the dealer still on it. I thought that was pretty cool. Something that still amazes me about these old machines is how well they were engineered. Every thing about them is tried and true simplicity, all the implements work flawlessly, even 62 years later, I've used every impliment that I have for it a number of times. In spite of the fact they are rated at something just over 9 hp at the drawbar they work very well, a perfect blend of power to weight and traction (with ag tires). Sometimes I can hardly believe what it can do.

Glad to be a part of your group - thanks for having me!
Ray
Smokeycub
Attachments - 193 plow - 144 cultivator - 22 mower - 28A disc harrow - 54 leveling blade - Woods 59C2 - drag harrows - Mott D9 flail - flat belt pulley
The squeaky wheel may get the grease but it's usually the first to be replaced!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Hello from Ravenna

Postby Rudi » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:59 pm

G'day to you and nice to have you pop in out of the weeds :D

I am curious as to which brochure it is that you have. I have a few on my server and the new server will have many more that I have obtained from members and of course :eBay:. The server is basically an on-line lending library where you really don't have to return the data :lol: Pics of the brochure would be cool. I have a few old ones and have read similar comments on how the Cub is more economical than mules/horses :)

I am sure you will enjoy it here and we have much to gain from your experience as a Cub owner. Pics of your Cub and implements would be nice and the best place to show them would be in the main Farmall Cub forum. In the meantime, do follow the links below as we have an amazing amount of resources available to our members.

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server. Enjoy!.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Winfield Dave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17953
Tractors Owned: ......Almost enough.
N3NIK

Postby Winfield Dave » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:02 pm

Welcome !!! Great story...
Glad you are here....check out the upcoming Cubfests in an area close to you: Cubfests and Gatherings
Dave
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth." -- Napoleon Hill

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:16 pm

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a great haul of Cub equipment. Enjoy the ride. Go Bucs!!

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:41 pm

Smokey, welcome to the forum. It sounds like you are pretty much into Cubs. If you can get away and feel like driving about four hours or so you might want to head towards Cincinnati for the Barnyard Bash in two weeks. Lots of good people from the forum, lots of fun and maybe even lots of Cubs. It is a good place to make new friends who share an interest in Cubs and an excellent time to learn more about Cubs.

Check out http://www.barnyardbash.com or in July there is the Buckeye Cub Tug south of Columbus http://www.cubtug.com.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Smokeycub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44266
Tractors Owned: 48 F Cub #11678
65 Cub Cadet 104
70 450C JD loader
67 Cub Cadet 107
90 B7100HST-D Kubota
72 Cub Cadet 149
54 Super C

Postby Smokeycub » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:58 pm

Hi Rudi,

I checked out some of the things you have posted in regard to manuals and so on. Very good and helpful info there! I have some things you may find useful and interesting. One is a folded sales handout for the Cub, it opens out to about 17" x 22" and has a publication number of CR-439-C-1-20. Another sales brochere 24 page titled Cub Tractor and Cub Implements, publication number A-28-NN, 11-15-MM. Another is Operators Manual for a McCormick Cub-28-A Tractor Disc Harrow, publication number 1 005 825 R1, 12-4-51-7B. A 32 page training manual, Farmall Touch Conrol System, procedures and test questions for servicemen, publication number ET-95-MM, 9-1. A 48 page owners manual for the Cub-144 Cultivator, publication number 1 006 661 R2, 1-16-48-40B. A 24 page owners manual for the Farmall Cub Leveling and Grading Blade, publication number 1 005 818 R4, 2-29-52--38. A 24 page owners manual for the McCormic-Deering Cub-22 Mower (4 1/2' cut mowing bar), publication number 1 005 673 R3, 12-1-48-408. I also have a 12 page owners manual for the Woods Rotory Mower, model 59 C-2, form number 4388 (2-60), and a sales brochere for various models of Woods mowers, brush hogs, and snow plows, there's no kind of numbers but I'd guess it was printed about 1960.

Let me know if any of these would be useful - Thanks - Ray
Ray
Smokeycub
Attachments - 193 plow - 144 cultivator - 22 mower - 28A disc harrow - 54 leveling blade - Woods 59C2 - drag harrows - Mott D9 flail - flat belt pulley
The squeaky wheel may get the grease but it's usually the first to be replaced!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:30 pm

Whoaaaa :!: :big say what: :big smile:

Check your PM box :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:29 am

Ray welcome to the forum from way down south in Louisiana. Looks like you got Rudi excited with some new brochures and manuals.
Would love to see some pictures (rear wheel weights, and a set of steel spiked wheel attachments for the rear wheels, kinda like the old style iron wheels.)
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

OliverFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18822
eBay ID: ranger_jer

Postby OliverFarmall » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:39 am

Mike in Louisiana wrote:Ray welcome to the forum from way down south in Louisiana. Looks like you got Rudi excited with some new brochures and manuals.
Would love to see some pictures (rear wheel weights, and a set of steel spiked wheel attachments for the rear wheels, kinda like the old style iron wheels.)

Exactly what Mike said !
22 sickle bar mower x2
23A tandem disc harrow
144 cultivator (#53 & #97 spring tooth)
154 leveling and grader blade
189 moldboard plow 2-way
193 moldboard plow x2

spring tooth harrows
David Bradley planter (modded for Cub)

dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45067
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub, 2-1955 Loboy w FH, a few plows, discs, mowers, blades, carrier & such
Several '61 CC Originals, Cub Cadet 100, several 102's & 122's, 124, various CC options & implements, #1Trailer, 1963 Springfield, JD 770, Ford 8N

Postby dgrapes59 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:09 pm

OliverFarmall wrote:
Mike in Louisiana wrote:Ray welcome to the forum from way down south in Louisiana. Looks like you got Rudi excited with some new brochures and manuals.

Exactly what Mike said !

:Dito: ..again :D

Welcome to the forum Smokeycub!

Glad to have ya,
David

Tezell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39861
Tractors Owned: 76 Cub Denim Springs
49 Cub Denim Springs
51 Cub Uncle Harvey
"Jacksonville" 53 Cub
"Jackson" 76 Cub
"Louie" 64 Cub Fast Hitch
"Paw Paw"71 Cub Fast
Hitch
"Alvin" 72 Cub
"Ugly" 75 Cub
76 Cub Val
Mr. Kirkland" 77 Red Cub
77 Cub "Russell
76 Cub w/fast hitch "Edgar"
76 - 185 Cub Lo Boy
John Deere 2003 - 5320
Kubota 7060
Kubota 5400
Kubota 2680
John Deere 445
TO20 Ferguson

Postby Tezell » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:16 pm

Welcome to the forum. Liked your story and it sounds like you have had some good luck!
"I ain't believing this!"

Return to “Introduce Yourself”