This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cooling System Sealer

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
washbb
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 52302

Cooling System Sealer

Postby washbb » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:08 pm

What would be the best sealer to use to seal up a small leak in a Cub 154 Lowboy cooling system. Seems to have a small radiator leak. Would like to get buy for a while till I find a better radiator, looks like mine found a tree at one time in it's life.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Cooling System Sealer

Postby BigBill » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:48 pm

solder it with an electric soldering iron like we did in the old days. You could also use a low temperature solder too so you won't need to heat a big area. Since these don't have water pumps to circulate the water i wouldn't use any type of radiator sealer. There are some JB weld products out there too but i'm not sure which one would work. These coolant systems are very fragile (thats italian) and i wouldn't play with it if its over heating because it could cause more damage than just the radiator. My point is to repair it correctly. Bill
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Landreo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29130
Tractors Owned: fcub(5)
tricycle cub
154 (4)
Earthmaster (2)
JD 40T, JD 420 crawler-loader, JD MT
JD Unstyled A, Styled A, Unstyled AR
JD H
Centaur Tractor
AC Model C, G
Cub Cadets (9)
Gibson D
Red-E
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cooling System Sealer

Postby Landreo » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:40 am

I used a powdered stop leak on my 154 for several seasons. Eventially replaced the radiator. The stop leak did work for a season and needs to be added with the engine hot then run for a while to circulate since the flow is slower in a convection system.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”