This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Why can't I attach photo to New Topic or Postrelpy

How do I.... ?
100series
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71407
Tractors Owned: 1955 Cub, 1955 100, 1955 200, 1952 Super A, Super AV

Why can't I attach photo to New Topic or Postrelpy

Postby 100series » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:19 pm

Whenever I try to attach a photo to a New Topic or Post Reply it always after an eternity says that the photo is too large. Is the size setting in my camera? If not could someone please slowly walk me through it as if you were teaching an idiot? I can attach photos to emails just not to the forum. Please help. Thanks.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Why can't I attach photo to New Topic or Postrelpy

Postby Dennis » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:28 pm

Don't worry about dimensions of the photo, just keep it under 384kb and the site will accept it.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Why can't I attach photo to New Topic or Postrelpy

Postby Rudi » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:36 pm

There are a couple of good How To's in the CBoK but essentially what you have to do is resize the photos to either 640x480 pixels for say the CubFest PhotoHost or 500x500 pixels for an attachement. If you have Windows Picture Resizer or IRfanview then it is a rather simple operation. The second thing you have to think about is which is better for your pics.. an attachment which lacks details because of the size limits or a phothost etc., type pic which can be larger.

First step is to download your pics from your camera to a folder in your computer .. say C:/Data/Cubs/Pics/Plow or something. Once on your computer, if you go through Windows Explorer you can then view your file and determine the file size. This typically will be between 600kb and 1.4mbs for most digital pics taken with a camera with a resoluton of 4.5megapixels or more. The next step would be to right click on the file and choose resize picture if you have Windows Picture Resizer installed or open with Irfanview if you have Irfanview installed. Then just follow the steps to get the right size. If you have Picture Resizer and you want to upload to the Photohost choose resize to 640x480 or if you want to upload as an attachment then choose is 340x480.

Here are some How To's:

Or what Dennis said :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”