This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

"read message" indicator not working

How do I.... ?
bythepond88
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60073
Circle of Safety: Y

"read message" indicator not working

Postby bythepond88 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:21 pm

I just noticed that the board no longer indicates which messages I have read. Is this a permanent change?
Michael Cummings
Eddie - a 1959 International Lo-Boy named after my father in law, who who bought her new.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Re: "read message" indicator not working

Postby Dennis » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:58 pm

Michael, it should work as it did before the changes. Since we are now on a new host server, try clearing your browsers cached pages; it may be holding onto some of the old server pages.
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:22 pm

I'm finding my "view new posts" page is caching. When I go from it to a new message then back, I get a redisplay of the previous copy. A page refresh gives me a new copy. I haven't tried to do anything to force a new page yet, but that pretty well has to be the fix.

bythepond88
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60073

Postby bythepond88 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:13 pm

Thank you, Dennis, that seems to have done the trick.
Michael Cummings
Eddie - a 1959 International Lo-Boy named after my father in law, who who bought her new.

RUSSALL
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19344

Postby RUSSALL » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:32 pm

bythepond88 wrote:I just noticed that the board no longer indicates which messages I have read. Is this a permanent change?

I am having the same issue. Clearing the history and board cookies have not helped.
I really enjoyed that feature. I'm sure it will be resolved, but might take a bit as I am
confuser challenged.

Russ
1979 International Cub (Artie),193 plow,22 sickle mower,144 cultivator,54a blade,59" belly mower,wheel weights
1944 John Deere B , A-3 B-3 two way plow.....Grandpa's Deere,Still can't find his FARMALL A

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:21 pm

Are you using the back arrow to return to the forum? Try clicking on the forum name or use the "Jump To" feature instead of using the back arrow.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

RUSSALL
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19344

Postby RUSSALL » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:07 pm

Yes I hit the backspace button. Just tried the return to at the bottom of a thread and that clears the "have not read" red color.
I hope we can find a way to get it working the way it was. I'm not lazy but I'd rather not have to move the mouse arrow when hittihg the
backspace will do. Plus it's hard to get over the muscle memory from doing it that way since I've joined this site.

Russ

Edit. when using the View unread post feature the return to will take you to that forum, not the decreasing View unread posts.
1979 International Cub (Artie),193 plow,22 sickle mower,144 cultivator,54a blade,59" belly mower,wheel weights
1944 John Deere B , A-3 B-3 two way plow.....Grandpa's Deere,Still can't find his FARMALL A

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”