This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

IH LB Compression

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
holman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 08204

IH LB Compression

Postby holman » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:23 pm

Hi,I have a IH LB 3-5 HP. Cleaned it up and it runs great. BUT, to start I have to put left hand on top of water hopper and right on crank handle. Then I back the wheel up and crank ahead to get through the compression stroke. I mean really pull hard when I hit the compression area. Because of this I have a hard time trying to hold down the choke disc. It is not a binding problem,it is just compression. I watch u tube guys face the flywheel grab the crank and hold the choke at the same time and crank. When I first got the motor I had start issues and I pulled so much I thought I was getting a hernia!!! It runs great but TOO much compression??? I was told maybe valve timing. So if I was to get the ?exhaust valve to open a little maybe it wouldn't be so hard. If I was a farmer of old, you would find this in a field, you would probably get a hernia. I haven't had it apart internally it runs great. HELP Holman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

artc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06457
eBay ID: cmtelephone
Tractors Owned: Restored: 1950 Cub, 1950 Cub Demo, 1948 super AI, 1935 Silver King, 1946 Oliver 60 RC, John Deere M, 1950 C demo.

In working clothes:
1950 cub, 1948 cub, 1941 A, 1948 H, 1963 B414, 1958 240U, 1947 Oliver 60 industrial, Oliver 70 industrial. IH 450, 1963, another 1948 cub, 1946 I6 with Trogan front blade.

Re: IH LB Compression

Postby artc » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:58 pm

you should ask this question over on http://www.smokstak.com/

thats the place for flywheel engines
'If they're tappin', they're not burnin'
http://www.ZagrayFarmMuseum.org

holman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 08204

Postby holman » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:23 am

I really don't care about it having a flywheel! It is a IH! Are you a moderator or what? Let the moderator tell me to look there.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:28 am

holman - Art has given you good advice. I suggest you follow it and lose the attitude.
We strive to maintain a friendly atmosphere on this board. Snide comments are not appreciated.
And yes - I am a moderator.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:03 pm

Art was trying to help you out since there are very few flywheelers on here. If there is a site that can help someone more than we can, we frequently refer them to it as a favor.

P,S. I also have an M in front of my name.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:30 pm

Put you compression tester on the engine and see exacty what the compression is.

No compression tester. Remove the wire from the spark plug and ground it out. Now crank the engine over. Easier or the same?

If easier. Readjust the point gap
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”