This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Texas newbie

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
Texas07
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 76247
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
Farmall 300

Texas newbie

Postby Texas07 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:18 pm

I finally acquired my 1st Cub this past Saturday. It had been sitting in a barn for the past 4 years and was put away dry (no gas, no coolant). The tires are shot and the battery box is toast but I'm pretty sure it'll fire up without too much work. I'm looking forward to gleaning as much info from the site as I can.

This pic was taken yesterday afternoon. We had a bit of snow on Sunday.
48Cub.jpg
spelling

Y'all have a good'n,
greg
Last edited by Texas07 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Texas newbie

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:43 pm

Greg, Welcome forum from next door in Shreveport La. Looks like you are only 35 miles from one of our very knowledge members, and a heck of a nice guy too. Check out up top and click on "MAP" and it will show all the members that have there zip code in their profile.

Check out the upcoming Cub Fests in Florida and Hammond Louisiana. I am sure you would have fun.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:37 pm

Welcome to the best Forum on the internet, Greg. You'll find lots of friendly and knowledgeable Cub lovers willing to help out in any way they can. Any questions, problems, need advice, etc., ask away. I hope you enjoy your Cub.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:20 pm

Greg:

G'day to you and congrats :applause: on acquiring your very 1st Cub. We can pretty much guarantee that it probably won't be your last. Cubitis for some reason is highly contaigous :lol:

To help you with your search for information, follow the links below. You will find that this community is chock full of really good information about a wide variety of topics as they relate to our Cubs and what we can do with them.

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server. Enjoy!.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Texas07
10+ Years
10+ Years
Farmall 300

Postby Texas07 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:07 am

Thanks for the welcome folks.

Mike,
Don't think I can make it to a Cubfest this year as the boss lady already has my free time mostly planned out and the closest one in La. is still 540 miles away. I looked at the map thing and I think you were referring to Jim? He looks to be around 50-60 miles away on the other side of the metro from me but still close enough if I need some in person knowledge.

Bob,
I plan on both enjoying and using my "new" cub. :D

Rudi,
Cubitis eh? Much like Garanditis I suppose since those seem to multiply at my house as well. I even have an IHC Garand to match my cub though the cub is older by about 7 years. 8)

I had already found the manual server a few days ago before I picked up the cub. That's a VERY nice resource to have available. I hope to get a chance to work on it this weekend and see if it'll fire up but I've got some venison to process first. The jerky gets sliced up tonight in salted then smoked on Saturday. Sausage making starts Saturday as well. Hopefully I can get all that done and have Sunday and Monday to tinker on the cub. After I get it running and new shoes on I need to start tracking down some implements. No rush but I'd like to have some useful stuff this summer.

Y'all have a good'n,
greg

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:33 am

Welcome to the forum. Looks like a nice project.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:12 am

Guy did you a favor putting it away dry. Old varnish gas or freeze up problems are prevented. Lots of luck with the Cub.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Texas07
10+ Years
10+ Years
Farmall 300

Postby Texas07 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:27 am

beaconlight wrote:Guy did you a favor putting it away dry. Old varnish gas or freeze up problems are prevented. Lots of luck with the Cub.

Yes he did. My uncle knew his stuff. God rest his soul.

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:57 pm

[quote="Texas07"]Thanks for the welcome folks.

Mike,
Don't think I can make it to a Cubfest this year as the boss lady already has my free time mostly planned out and the closest one in La. is still 540 miles away. I looked at the map thing and I think you were referring to Jim? He looks to be around 50-60 miles away on the other side of the metro from me but still close enough if I need some in person knowledge.

These Cub fests are for the women folks too.
Yes Jim Becker

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:11 pm

Greg,
Welcome to the group. Yeah, I'm 50-60 miles from Justin. I'll be over your direction for the Pate swap meet. You may already know there is a tractor club in Denton (which I know little else about). We have a state chapter of IHC Collectors that has a large north Texas group. There are no Cubfests really nearby. But there are some good tractor shows each year. Some of the good ones that immediately come to mind:
Canton April 8-9
Terrell June 11-12
Lindsay (early September, haven't seen an exact date).

It's never too soon to start thinking about implements. Remember, the time to buy mowers is when there is snow on the ground and the time to buy blades is when the flowers are blooming.

Texas07
10+ Years
10+ Years
Farmall 300

Postby Texas07 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:42 pm

Yeah the Pate meet is at TMS and that's less than 3 miles from the house. In fact I can see it (and hear the race) from my back yard. :D

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:11 am

Texas07 wrote:Yeah the Pate meet is at TMS and that's less than 3 miles from the house. In fact I can see it (and hear the race) from my back yard. :D

Sounds like a mini fest in the making.

magnumpi
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby magnumpi » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:07 am

Welcome Greg !! Looks like a nice starter project. Between the site's search function, manual server and "more than willing to help members", you've found a home !! Snow, you say ??? Heck, you can still see the grass !!! Enjoy. Craig

Texas07
10+ Years
10+ Years
Farmall 300

Postby Texas07 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:44 pm

magnumpi wrote: Snow, you say ??? Heck, you can still see the grass !!!

Well this is Texas after all so that nasty white stuff tends to melt off after a day or two. We did have about 4"... honest :wink:

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:32 am

not sure of the distance, but the KS cubfest is in May.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”