This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Umbrella Bracket

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
sgtbull
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62854
Tractors Owned: '36 JD B,
'40 and '46 Farmall H,
'50 Ford 8n '55 Farmall Cub,
'55 JD 70 allfuel,
lots of other toys
Circle of Safety: Y

Cub Umbrella Bracket

Postby sgtbull » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:46 pm

I know its a bit early to be thinking about how to stay COOL in the sun, but the shortest day of the year is only a short time away. Before you know it we'll be plowing, mowing, cultivating and of course, sitting on a tractor in a parade, waiting for the line to move and sweat will be running down your....well, you know. In anticipation of that, I thought I might like to add an umbrella to my cubs. I usually drive the larger tractors which already already have them and I hate watching the kids sweat while I"m under shade. Here's a simple solution.

The base is 3/8" plate adn the tubing accomodates a standard 1 1/4" steel umbrell pole. I thought about using round tubing, but I found that the square tubing actually fit better, and was much easier to weld a nut to in order to accomodate an "L" shaped set screw which allows you to hand tighten it to secure the pole.

I've got both the "hook type" umbrella, where the pole has a big arm that comes around on the outside of the umbrella and hooks to the top, and the type where the pole goes straight up through the umbrella. The latter seems to work best, as shown.

I've never met a tractor I didn't like....but I have found some that were greatly annoying....

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Projects Forum”