This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Front rims

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Pony Master
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62253
Circle of Safety: Y

Front rims

Postby Pony Master » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:15 am

Are the front rims on an Original the same as the front rims on an early 100? I have some new tires that I want to get mounted, but am undecided which Cadet I want them on. I know the tires on the Original are the ones in need of being replaced, but I may want the new tires on the 100. If they are the same, then it will save me a 4 tire swap around.
1947 Circle Cub, 193, 189
1954 Cub w/FH, IH100, 194, F11
1956 Cub Loboy w/FH and 194
1960 Cub Loboy w/FH and L-54
1953 Super A, 2 seater B, Avery V, Avery A, JD M, MH Pony, Leader D, Allis Chalmers C, and my Great Grandpa's ZA Minneapolis Moline.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Front rims

Postby Paul B » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:43 pm

Yes and no. The early 70/100 used the same wheel as the Original (the outer bead area is different on the later wheel) but, the Original used bushings with a 7/8" ID, and the 70/100 and later used ball bearings with a 3/4" ID, but both the bushing and the bearings had the same OD (1-3/8" if I remember correctly) and could be used in either wheel. So, even though the wheel is the same, you cannot use the Original wheel on a 100, and vice versa, without switching the bushing and or bearings to the correct size for the spindle.

Return to “Cub Cadet”