This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

100 wiring question

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Pony Master
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62253
Circle of Safety: Y

100 wiring question

Postby Pony Master » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:02 pm

After getting the 100 running real nice I thought I was going to move on to the hydraulic lift, but after a few trial runs I noticed the battery seems to always be low. I put the meter on it, and no charge. First thing I decided to do is to clean the connections. Some were pretty bad, so I have to stop and pick up some properly sized ring terminals on my way to work. Then I noticed there was a ring terminal on the terminal on the rear of the Voltage Regulator, but no wire. After looking through a couple of my other manuals (no manual for a 100 yet) I am under the impression that it should be a ground. Is that the case? If not, what color of wire goes there? I have an extra aqua-greenish-blueish- wire that seems to go nowhere, I assume it goes to my non functioning headlights?
1947 Circle Cub, 193, 189
1954 Cub w/FH, IH100, 194, F11
1956 Cub Loboy w/FH and 194
1960 Cub Loboy w/FH and L-54
1953 Super A, 2 seater B, Avery V, Avery A, JD M, MH Pony, Leader D, Allis Chalmers C, and my Great Grandpa's ZA Minneapolis Moline.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Re: 100 wiring question

Postby Eugene » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:30 pm

What is the letter under the regulator terminal? If the leter is an "L", not a ground.

http://www.cngco.com/

Go to Cub Cadet, Parts look up. There is a wiring diagram the 102.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:28 pm

If the 100 has the correct voltage regulator on it, that terminal is for the GEN. One side of the VR should have F or FLD, Bat, and L or Load. The other side or bottom should had a Gen terminal, and that bluish/greenish wire connects to that terminal and the other end connects to starter/generator "A" terminal.. The correct VR is grounded thru the VR mounts and does not have a ground terminal. The wire colors are:
VR Gen to generator A, Light blue
Generator A to starter button, Red
VR "F" to generator F, Yellow
VR Bat to stsrter button, Gray
VR "L" to ignition switch, Light Green
Ignition Sw to coil +, Black
Coil - to points, Black
Condenser to coil -.

Some other VR's do have a bottom side GRN or Ground terminal, but those do not have a "L" terminal.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:24 pm

I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Cub Cadet”