This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Deals on ammo.....

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Deals on ammo.....

Postby BigBill » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:47 pm

http://www.aimsurplus.com Has all kinds of deals on ammo but here's some specials as of today so move quickly if you want any.

yugo 7,62x39 FMJ ammo 1,120rds for $179.20 or 40rds (box on strippers) for $6.75

Golden Tiger 7,62x39 FMJ ammo 1,000 for $179.50

Tula (russian) 308 win FMJ ammo 20rds for $4.99 or 500rds for $119.

Its all berdan primed and not reloadable.

These aren't soft point hunting ammo but its great buys on plinking ammo. Move quickly this will dry up fast at these prices. Some places are getting $275 to $350 for 1,000rds of 7,62x39 ammo. The 308win at just $3.99 a box os silly i can't reload them for that and you buying new ammo.

I like the former yugoslavia "Prvi-Partizan" ammo because its cheap, accurate, plus its boxer primed so its reloadable too. I've reloaded this ammo in 6,5mm swede and in 7,5mm french and its great quality brass to work with in the reloading press. Its affordable to the point it costs more to load new brass over shooting it once and reloading the Priv-partizan ammo. It comes in most modern calibers too.
Last edited by BigBill on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12487
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Deals on ammo.....

Postby Jackman » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:51 pm

Ammo 22 high power center fire , I searched the site came up not found. I ve been looking for 22 center fire for an old Savage model 1899.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:55 pm

Jackman wrote:Ammo 22 high power center fire , I searched the site came up not found. I ve been looking for 22 center fire for an old Savage model 1899.

22 high power centerfire i'll look for some in my travels on the net.

If you search for "22 high power centerfire" or "savage 22 high power centerfire" lots of info comes up. Ables has norma 22 high power centerfire ammo at $54.34 a box. Reloading specs comes up too if you reload for it? I'll look more too.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:13 pm

I got it!!!! Hook line sinker done!!!!!! :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}:

Old Western Scrounger http://www.ows-ammo.com click on "ammo all new mfg" they have your 22 savage hi power for $39.95.
I guess this brass isn't available anymore its obsolete and OWS manufactures oboslete brass.

At www.midwayusa.com they have the brass. One item (brass) is special order for $39.95. Familiar? Plus its not loaded its just new brass. There's also norma brass there too but nothing in new ammo like at OWS. I hope you reload?

I guess this is an obslete caliber? I have guns that are 1893, 1895, 1891 that i can still get ammo for. I sold some orginal 32 rim fire ammo a while back.

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12487
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jackman » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:16 pm

Bill thanks I will check the sites you linked :big afro: . I have been searching around the web found some 22 center fires at a 1 dollar a round I thought that was pricey until I found that ammo in general is expensive, I might get into reloading if that is cost effective. The gun is a Savage model 1899 vintage 1926 the 22 center fire was a 70 grain round and I am told it is obsolete so hard to find and costly when found.

I have never shot this gun and am eager to have a chance , its a family gun bought new by my Grandfather.

thanks jack

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:38 pm

I will pass on a warning that was given to me about some of the imported discount ammunition. The warning came both from a local sporting goods dealer that sells it, and form a range officer. The steel case ammunition with the brown shellac (polymer they call it in ads) will work ok in military type rifles, but if you are shooting it in a hunting or target rifle with tighter tolerances in the chamber will cause problems. It leaves a very slight amount of the shellac behind and as the heat gets a little higher and the shellac builds up it can cause jamming problems.

Another item I was recently told was that you should not shoot the military 5.56 in tight fitting bolt action .223 due to the different neck length and higher pressures messing up chamber with multiple firings.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:08 pm

I been shooting the poly coated wolf ammo in most calibers in my modern guns with no problems yet. Some problems have occured with the surplus military guns with dirty chambers. The chambers and guns need to be cleaned properly for amny ammo. I shoot mainly steel cased ammo at the range. The US even used steel cased ammo in there 45acp/1911 pistols during the war too when brass was hard to get. I really don't mind using it when the chambers and bores are chrome lined. Plus the poly coating actually softens the chambering on the steel cased ammo. But your right some modern guns don't like to eat it. Guns can be finiky too.

On my finish M39 mosin it had sticky bolt with surplus ammo. Then i cleaned the chamber squeeky clean and oiled it very lightly and wiped it out leaving a very small coat of oil in the chamber and it solved the sticky bolt problem. Dirt can also make the bolt stuck when the case sticks. We must remember these chambers have been dry for many, many years in storage. Most were over cosmolined too so bad they could survive under water. I use kerosene to remove the cosmoline and then i use the orginal G.I. Rifle Bore Cleaner to do a complete G.I. cleaning after the cosmoline is gone.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:14 pm

Jackman wrote:Bill thanks I will check the sites you linked :big afro: . I have been searching around the web found some 22 center fires at a 1 dollar a round I thought that was pricey until I found that ammo in general is expensive, I might get into reloading if that is cost effective. The gun is a Savage model 1899 vintage 1926 the 22 center fire was a 70 grain round and I am told it is obsolete so hard to find and costly when found.

I have never shot this gun and am eager to have a chance , its a family gun bought new by my Grandfather.

thanks jack

When i first purchased my remington 700 in 338win mag the ammo was between $15 to $20 a box. During this time i didn't have much extra cash but by brown bagging it i managed to get around 14 boxes of ammo for it. Since i put two bullets thru the same hole at 100yds using winchester super X 338, 225gr ammo benchrested there wasn't much need for reloading a better quality bullet. Now the 338wm ammo hit an all time high of $70. I fire one or two rounds per year to check the zero on the scope before going hunting. I'm conserving ammo for this one. I did purchase the reloading dies for it anyway for the future. Now is the time to set up for reloading too. The LEE dies are a very good quality and affordable too. They also fit my RCBS rockchucker press too.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:04 pm

Big Bill, check here for the 338 Winchester Magnum ammo
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemList ... ?catid=561
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:38 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Big Bill, check here for the 338 Winchester Magnum ammo
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemList ... ?catid=561

Thanks i've shopped there before. I'm hooked on the winchester super x 338win mag ammo because at 100yds i can put two bullets thru the same hole with over the counter new ammo thats really good. I still have some stocked up for now but i may reload soon.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”