This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Chain saw

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Chain saw

Postby beaconlight » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:38 am

I bought a new chain saw on e-bay.
It came last week. I finally got around to putting the blade on it yesterday. Fortunately I hadn't put gas or oil in it yet. It is not new. There is wear on the drive sprocket, dirt and saw dust in places + other signs of use. I sent the seller an E-mail yesterday and since there was no response I started an E-Bay complaint.
Has any one else tried to resolve a problem like this? How responsive is E-Bay? If you don't want to put yor experience on the public forum send me a PM.
I don't want to show the listing till there is a chance to fix the problem.

Thanks Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:13 pm

eBay is very responsive. I would expect a reply early on Monday... they don't do much on the weekends..

I had a couple of issues resolved rather quickly, they are pretty sharp and like to keep buyers happy as well as the sellers.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:17 pm

Thanks I have dropped out of used saw auctions at very moderate prices. I would never have stayed in this as far as I did if it were known to be used. Even only as a demonstrator. I bought a $400.00 Rigid brand power snake from Home Depot 3:00 AM one morning for a 3 family house my son and i owned. I got it out of the box and found a repair tag on it. I tried it because it was the only one in stock in any AHome Depot in nearby NY and NJ. It worked but was I pod. I can't bad mouth them though. When i bought it to their attention I got an apolagy and an offer that made sense. I realize that things happen and will let you know this comes out.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:26 pm

Heard from the seller. He apoligized and offered either of two reasonable solutions. I picked 1 and responded. Waiting to see what happens next.
Doesn't pay to get too excited too quick.
Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:54 pm

It worked out very good. The seller realized his mistake and we came to terms for a used chain saw as oppossed to a new one and i am happy with the saw. I'll use it to knock down and square up a couple of sides on a beech with bark beetle damage. I'll use it to make the drag BD recomended for the fresh sod I will turn up for my new garden.
All's well that ends well. It is a good feeling to see there are people honest enough to fix errors. Course I tried to use the credit balance to pay for spark plugs I bought on Ebay. Ebay and pay pal made that a piece of misery. I complained to E-bay and they are pointing the finger at pay pal. I E-mailed Pay pal next. We will see what happens. I want those plugs for my old saw. It is small than the one I just bought.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:00 pm

I quit using PayunPal 3-or-4 years ago and will never use them again. Now you would think they would be easier to deal with since eBay bought them out but I still read horror stories from people trying to get PayunPals mistakes corrected.
Then came Bronson

Return to “Off Topic”