This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New to group

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
Charlene_34
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: b9a2e4

New to group

Postby Charlene_34 » Tue May 04, 2010 2:02 pm

Hello everyone - I am new to all this and would like a little help/information from all of you experienced people. My husband has recently past away and he had a 1951 Farmall Cub tractor that he restored. He told me to sell the tractor and the trailer he built for it. I would really appreciate knowing how much to ask for this tractor. I know how much the trailer is worth but have absolutely no idea on the tractor. Please help.

Charlene

My e-mail address is racsan20@hotmail.com, please put FARMALL CUB in the subject line. I will attempt to come back on to this site and check for replies but I am not sure I will know how to get back to this particular section. Thank you :)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: New to group

Postby bob in CT » Tue May 04, 2010 2:20 pm

Charlene,

I am sorry for your loss.

Some more information is required to even begin. From your postal code it appears you are in Canada. The location would be helpful as someone 1,000 miles away would not be a likely candidate to buy the tractor. "Restored" has many meanings. If you have receipts for the work that has been done, that would be helpful. For example, a tractor with a fully overhauled engine has more value to the buyer than a nice paint job on an engine that is marginal. Unfortunately it is very easy to put far more into a project than can be recovered. Only exceptional tractors can fetch in the $3000 range. Attachments help the value as well, figure an additional $100-$300 per attachment depending upon the item, condition, and level of completeness.

Photos are a must.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: New to group

Postby Rudi » Wed May 05, 2010 8:13 am

Charlene:

Condolences on the loss of your mate. I imagine it is not the easiest situation to deal with. I imagine also that honouring his wishes - is not really an easy process either so we will try to help as much as possible.

Many factors will determine the value of the Cub as Bob has mentioned. It is not just how much cash got sunk into it, but other determinants such as availability, desirability, availability etc., will all play a part. Being up in Cape Breton.. I am not sure that there are a lot of Cubs - but I am going to look into that. I know of a couple collectors in our area that might possibly and I stress might be interested at the right price. I also know of a couple who would just love to have a Cub. However as Bob mentioned also.. a Cub has to be an exceptional example to command high dollars. Pictures are a definite advantage. An accurate evaluation cannot be done without it -- and even that will be kinda ballpark. One really would need to see it/hear it run/take it for a run to really determine how much the tractor is worth.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Introduce Yourself”