This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Message from Rudi re: virus?

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Message from Rudi re: virus?

Postby Brent » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:55 am

Did anyone else get a e-mail possibly from Rudi about a virus? I didn't really understand message. Plus I didn't think he was up and around yet. Can someone clear it up for me. Maybe my brain is just too old.
Always try the easiest thing first.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:01 am

I didn't get one, however there are virus and worm programs that get into a computer and mail themselves out to different people in the address book. They also replace the actual "from" line in the email with another address found in the address book. So, I doubt it came from Rudi, but did come from someones computer that has both of you in the address book.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:14 am

Be aware that when this happens, the virus may use YOUR address for the "from" address. Then you can get the "returned undeliverable" back for invalid addresses that were on the infected machine. The bounced email STILL CAN HAVE THE VIRUS ATTACHED.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:32 pm

Guys:

It probably did not come from my computer. Norton is up to date. However I have gotten a couple of bouncers lately, so who knows. If so, then I really apologize. Hopefully I will be able to work on my computer again shortly. This will include a new drive and then this one will be low-level formatted - ergo - end of any virus problems.

Too many people with no life have led to this virus problem.....
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:01 pm

Got one, but it wasn't a virus warning. It was a beautiful poem/prayer. And it even looks like it originated from our own Donny. GOOD JOB!!

To my Canadian friend, I sent you a reply back and I know this doesn't need to be said again, but I am going to say it again anyway.

GLAD YOUR BACK RUDI !!!!!!
Machinist
1954 Regular F-Cub "PRB" (Puckett's Rust Bucket)
1955 International Cub LoBoy "SQUATTY"
1954 3800 series Chevrolet flat bed grain truck "Ole Ben"
1975 Case 1737 skid-steer

Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Postby Brent » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:26 pm

Well I guess I just didn't scroll down far enough. I thought something was fishy so I deleted the message before I looked at it all. Still can't figure out why it showed it was from Rudi rather than Donny. Plus first part talks about virus and not to open any e-mail from him unless about four identifying statements are made by him. Still confused but I guess everything is alright.
Always try the easiest thing first.

Return to “Off Topic”