This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

woods dixie cutter m5

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
prjones
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 08848
Tractors Owned: 58 Cub
59 Loboy
73 Cub blue&orange
107 Cub Cadet
IH 340 Utility
Kubota L3800
Gravely 566
Circle of Safety: Y

woods dixie cutter m5

Postby prjones » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:44 pm

I just bought this bushhog. My first Bush Hog. I bought it cheap and as is. My question is when I checked the gear box oil it was filled with grease. It is my guess the seal is blown and this was a quick fix. Has anyone heard of this practice? And does anyone know if manual and parts are available? Woods site no help. thanks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:55 pm

Unfortunately, using grease to replace gear lube because of leaky seals was a fairly common practice. I suppose that if you keep it full of good grease, it will still work OK.
The best reference you can get from the Wood's site is their dealer locator. Assuming of course that your closest dealer is willing to work for your business.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:21 pm

The Woods web site has some of their manuals. Don't know if yours is there, you might want to check.

http://www.woodsequipment.com/manuals/default.asp

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”