This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Oil Pressue Guage?

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Oil Pressue Guage?

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:50 pm

This is the oil pressure guage that came off my '45 B Farmall. It is really good shape but, I don't know if it works properly. I guess I could install it on one of my cubs and see what kind of response I get from it. I would like to rehab this guage. There seems to be some stains or mildew on the face under the glass and the neelde is dis-colored. Anyone got any ideas on how I should go about it :?:

"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:58 pm

CB:

I hope someone can help you out with rehabilitating that guage. I got two just like it that I would like to re-do. As well as the dash mounted guage I now have for Ellie that originally came from an H.

Got my fingers crossed.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:15 am

Spencer Yost talks about this sort of restoration in his Antique Tractor Bible.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:18 am

Check it by hooking ot to the pressure regulator on your compressor with the regulater set at about 30 pounds.

Someone, mltiema I think, posted instructuions on disassembling and reahbing gauges a few weeks ago. don't remember if it was oil or amps though.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:45 pm

The guage works :!: :D I got a fitting at Napa and connected it to regulated air pressure. I'll clean the outside, paint it, and put it on the tractor. 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:50 pm

Not to rain on your parade but is the air regulator accurate? Are they both off the same amount???
I would have done what you did. Just had this added thought.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:16 pm

I only put pressure to it to make sure the guage works, not to check the accuracy. :roll: When I start the new engine, I will not have to worry about whether or not the guage works. :roll:

Greg Norman

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”