This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

25 lbs of Beef Liver.

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

25 lbs of Beef Liver.

Postby Eugene » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:23 pm

What to do with 25 pounds of beef liver? Slaughtered two beef today. I now have about 25 pounds of beef liver, cleaned, and cut up in the deep freezer. Need some ideas and recipies for the liver.

Tried to give some to neighbors and son/daughter in-law. No takers.

Wife suggested mixing in some liver with the beef when we make hamburger.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 25 lbs of Beef Liver.

Postby grumpy » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:07 am

If you like barbecued food this may be worth a shot. I like it but not as well as just liver and onions.

Ingredients
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour (May need a bit more of all the spices and the flour)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 pound beef liver, thinly sliced
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 dash garlic powder
1 tablespoon vegetable oil

Directions
1. In a resealable plastic bag, mix the flour, salt, and pepper. Place the liver slices into the bag one at a time, seal, and toss to coat.
2.In a bowl, mix the water, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder.
3. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the liver slices on both sides. Pour the sauce mixture over the liver. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, until liver is tender.
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”