This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Vote on Board

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Which message board should we use?

Old Board
21%
This board (phpBB)
72%
Keep looking
7%

Total votes: 76

denton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24550
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub
1951 Farmall Cub
1951 Ford 8N
1953 Allis CA (not running)
1996 Kubota M4700

I vote yes

Postby denton » Tue Feb 04, 2003 6:57 am

I really enjoy reading your posts, many of them contain personal stories and other intersting stuff. I have noticed that on some of the other boards I read in this format that the topics don't range as much. There are several areas in which to post your thoughts. Some boards post a politics section for people to sound off about things that are bothering them which don't particularly relate to the theme of the board "Farmall Cubs" in this case. I have grown to like that. I still read all the posts, but it does enable me to search and find specific topic related posts without sorting through all the off topic stuff. If we keep the old board that's OK too. This is good, wholesome stuff anyway and youall are good folk.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Yo's Dad
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Yo's Dad » Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:07 am

I agree with Ashby, I think it would be easier to read what you want to read if the cub section was broken into categories, maybe engine questions, drivetrain questions, paint and finish questions, implement questions, etc. Then people could post to a section. Just a suggestion, not trying to make more work for Dennis.yd

Ron Smith
10+ Years
10+ Years

New board

Postby Ron Smith » Tue Feb 04, 2003 7:26 pm

It's way too early for me to vote on this board fomat. But, like many of you, I believe we should give it some time.
I just logged on tonight, with no trouble. I'm willing to try (almost anything) once.

Nick C.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Not quite sure yet....I need some time...

Postby Nick C. » Tue Feb 04, 2003 7:58 pm

I need a bit more time to decide......allot of functionality, but is it all worth it? The jury is still out on this one.... :roll:

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

I'm Finally Logged On !

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:33 am

Now that I successfully logged onto this NEW board, I feel it will work well. I guess I'm like anyone else..."It's hard to teach an OLD "Country" NEW tricks! BUT, I know Dennis has had to wrestle with going to a new server to benefit all of us, so I say..."LET'S ALL GIVE THE NEW FORUM A CHANCE" :P

BillyJoeJimBob
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BillyJoeJimBob » Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:31 am

I really like this new layout/board. Perhaps it would be better to break it up into groups as previously suggested. That is how http://www.ford150online is done and it is really easy! Just my two cents worth!

Bill

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:20 pm

Yo's Dad wrote:I agree with Ashby, I think it would be easier to read what you want to read if the cub section was broken into categories, maybe engine questions, drivetrain questions, paint and finish questions, implement questions, etc. Then people could post to a section. Just a suggestion, not trying to make more work for Dennis.yd

Interesting idea. What other categories would others like?

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:38 pm

I tend to be a skeptic on a lot of things, so you may want to discount my opinion on this. I am not so sure about trying to categorize things. Some questions will be hard to categorize e.g. "I have a noise that . . ."

There are also threads that migrate from one category to another as the discussion progresses. For example, a discussion of wheel paint ends up identifying a source for new tires.

I would encourage the participants to put some thought into the subject lines of a post, as somebody else commented on yesterday. Acknowledged, the regulars here are usually pretty good about this. The occasional post we see with a subject like "Cub Question" will probably show up whatever we do. Those posts will probably get stuck into the wrong category anyway.

Ken (48 Cub)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40023
Tractors Owned: 1948 FCub
1957 LoBoy

Postby Ken (48 Cub) » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:27 pm

:lol: Let's learn to use it. Anything to keep Farmall.com up and running! I don't want to loose any of you guys. This board has become a daily ritual. You have way to much Cub knowledge (Cub and otherwise) to share.
Ken, Annie the '48.

I think we gotter if'n she don't jump, Andy Griffith.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:01 pm

I am having some trouble with the "View posts since last visit" function on the index page. A couple times I have tried it with this result:
I hit "View posts since last visit"
It returns a list of threads with new posts.
I select one and read it.
I hit my browser "Back" button.
It returns an empty list (no selections meet . . .)

Usually when I hit "Back" I get the same list I had so I can select the next thread and read it.

Just now, I came in from another web page and when I hit "View posts since last visit" it gave me an empty list, even though there had been some new posts.

In the first case, it looks like it somehow updated my last visit time while I was reading the first thread. In the second, I don't know what caused it. Could a lost packet or a double transmit somehow cause the last visit time to get updated?

I am getting fairly dependent on the "View posts since last visit" function. I wouldn't want it to be undependable.

The first time I typed all this in I got the "invalid session" error. Hope I don't again. That takes the fun out of all this typing.

(CUB HUT)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47401

Postby (CUB HUT) » Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:19 pm

I like the format,===== thanks DENNIS & RUDI for your help :D

DAVE

suwanneecub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby suwanneecub » Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:56 pm

The more I use this new board, the BETTER I like it.
It has some new tricks, which seem to make accessing
quicker, better.
It even makes me feel younger learning new stuff.
And I can really need anything (everything) that does that.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:38 pm

Jim Becker wrote:I am having some trouble with the "View posts since last visit" function on the index page. A couple times I have tried it with this result:
I hit "View posts since last visit"
It returns a list of threads with new posts.
I select one and read it.
I hit my browser "Back" button.
It returns an empty list (no selections meet . . .)

Usually when I hit "Back" I get the same list I had so I can select the next thread and read it.

Just now, I came in from another web page and when I hit "View posts since last visit" it gave me an empty list, even though there had been some new posts.

In the first case, it looks like it somehow updated my last visit time while I was reading the first thread. In the second, I don't know what caused it. Could a lost packet or a double transmit somehow cause the last visit time to get updated?

I am getting fairly dependent on the "View posts since last visit" function. I wouldn't want it to be undependable.

The first time I typed all this in I got the "invalid session" error. Hope I don't again. That takes the fun out of all this typing.

Jim, I've gotten the invalid session message several times too. When I get it, I just highlight everything I've typed, do a "control C" (copy) and just back out of my post, reply again and paste it right back in. It's always posted the second try.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:03 pm

My input was somewhere on the "invalid session" screen? I should have looked closer. I "Back" buttoned to the screen I typed my reply into but the reply box was blank.

GBass
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Vote on Board

Postby GBass » Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:42 pm

I enjoyed reading old board but with time this will also work.Thanks. Yes to new forum index.
Admin wrote:I need your feedback again... please vote.

Return to “Farmall Cub”