This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Shop Tip

Splitting stand, mounting stands, etc, etc.
Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Shop Tip

Postby Bigdog » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:27 pm

I know lots of guys already do this but it's worth mentioning anyway. If you have an old automobile scissors jack around (and who doesn't) it makes a handy work support in the shop. You can weld a platform on the bottom for stability and a flat pad on the top to support the work. They are handy for many tasks from leveling long pieces for alignment to supporting and lining up heavy pieces for assembly. The infinite adjustment they provide is quite handy for precision alignment of castings etc. The great thing about them is they are cheap and if you lose one it's not big deal. If you don't already have 2 or 3 of them around, a quick trip to the junkyard will fix you up.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:58 pm

I just might put the arm on my fathers old 20's or 30's screw type one. When I was a kid we jacked up the garage with it. Water would pool there. Jacked it up 18 inches, added a foundation on top of the footing and set it back down.
Thanks for the memory. I was about 8 years old I guess. My father was and still is a believer of what ever you know can't be taken away from you.
Forgot all about that.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:01 pm

Just this year I bought 2 scissors jacks like they put on travel trailers to steady them at the camp site. They are vey large and have a 24" vertical lift 7500lbs. cap. Real handy to use out in the field or just about anywhere you don't want to lug around a heavy floor jack. Plus they go down to 3" close height.

Return to “Specialty tools”