This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

IsThis Good Enough For My 102???

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

IsThis Good Enough For My 102???

Postby Cub-Bud » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:15 am

I am going to overhaul the 10 HP Kohler on my cadet 102 this winter and found this on ebay. What's the scoop on these kits :?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50375&item=4343964673&rd=1
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:21 am

I have never bought anything from the ebay seller you posted, but Stens replacement parts are good and a bit less expensive than Kohler, and you might find a Stens dealer close to you with better prices. Foley Belsaw also has a small engine Wholesale parts and tool catalog that anyone can buy from. http://www.foleybelsaw.com or 1-800-821-3452. I have one of their kits for a 12 hp setting on the shelf if I ever get around to using it, and have one in a model 100 that I tried to plow up tree roots with at Cub-Arama 2003. Also used the same tractor to play with at plow days in IA, IL, and PA - wide open, 2nd gear and the engine is still good, so I guess the kits must be pretty good. Tear the engine down before you order a kit, and be sure to measure the bore in more than one place - top, center, and bottom. Kohlers will wear the cylinder in a taper and it may take more of an overbore than you think to clean it up. The rods are only available in std and .010 under, but you may be able to turn the crank .002-.003 to true it up and have a standard rod resized, without going to .010 under.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:25 am

Thanks, Paul. 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:37 am

I just looked in my sten's catalog and the price is $60(list is $132.22) but you don't get the connecting rod. The rod is $15 from Stens. I have good reports on the Sten's overhaul kits. Just read Paul B. post and he is saying about the same thing. If you can't find a Sten's dealer I can get you the name of one in WV that ships. My catalog is 2 years old so they might be a little higher than what I quoted.

I just bought a 7 HP engine that has the .010 oversize Sten's but haven't got it running yet. Sten's has good prices but don't pay list.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

jimyd
10+ Years
10+ Years

oh kit

Postby jimyd » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:16 pm

i bought one for my 16hp kohler it was all stens parts it was alright
no complaints don't think it was that seller hope this helps
jimyd

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Cub-Bud » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:36 pm

Thanks, wdeturck and jimyd. 8)

Greg Norman

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:20 am

We carry six lines of outdoor power equipment at the store. I have inquired into getting a Stens dealership to help support these lines, as well as some of my needs. :roll:

Greg Norman

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Rebuild kit

Postby Eugene » Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:22 pm

Just rebuilt a Kohler 10 horse engine. Purchased the individual parts from the local parts store. Total cost was right around $80.00. That's for a piston w/rings, full gasket set, exhaust valve, plugs and points.

Return to “Cub Cadet”