This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Double sign-in each night

How do I.... ?
Gar Maunula
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Gar Maunula » Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:45 am

Each night I sign in to the web site. Each night I am required to sign in twice. I am not complaining, because I always get into the site. But, why do I have to sign in twice?

Others on the board have said, "Never sign out". That's not right. One always signs out when leaving a board.

I sign out each evening. The next night I get into the board, but only after signing in twice.

Dennis, what's the deal?

Gar

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:01 am

As you stated-->_Others on the board have said, "Never sign out". That's not right. One always signs out when leaving a board.____

I see no reason why one should always log out on each visit to a page unless it is an online Bank page or something like that which is very personal & private. I have never logged out since I joined this forum on Feb.1st just for the simple fact that I dont like the bother of logging in each time I visit which is often. I have had to log in once and that was because I cleared my cookies.
Then came Bronson

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:36 am

Since it is not a high security operation, such as banking as Johnbron stated, I never sign out, which I think is the way most people do it. I think like most sights it automatically signs you out when you exit. I also check the remeber me (automatic sign in) button. I use it both from home and on lunch break at work, and it remebers me and the read messages at both locations. The only time I have to sign in is if I occasionally use a friends computer, then as you said I have to sign in twice.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:56 pm

Gar:

There is another option, which is the one I use and that is to check the
auto login box.

That way, whenever you open the page you are automatically logged in.

One thing to keep in mind thought - do not empty or clear your cookies -- cause then you will have to log in again manually.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:42 pm

The only reason you should have to logout is if you are using a shared computer and you do not want someone else automatically logging into the site as you.
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Gar Maunula
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Gar Maunula » Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:13 pm

Rudi and Dennis:

I followed both of your instructions: I did not sign out last night; and I also clicked the auto log in button.

Tonight, when I went from the Home Page to the New Forum, I was automaticaly signed in.

Thanks for your help.

Gar

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:29 pm

No problem Gar, that is what we is here for.

One more suggestion - I have my favourites set for the message board and not the home page - just quicker to get to the board. When I want to go and check out the other stuff, just got to hit the button on top of the forum page.... saves a step or two
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”