This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

This is what it is all about !

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Joe Morris
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13901
Tractors Owned: 1949 IH Cub

This is what it is all about !

Postby Joe Morris » Thu May 21, 2009 6:42 am

Love the Northeast in Spring. Spring is in full push. All the woods is in new life and the oaks and butternut trees are 1/2 way leafed out. The lilacs and dogwoods are on the first week past peak. Busy bird chatter calling mates and marking territory fill the air. Frost on Monday, but no prediction again for a week. The greens so rich and plush. The sound of the cub, pup pup pup, as it idles through the woods. Fresh coffee in my hand ; a squeak of the steel wheel on the wood wagon chirps about every 20 feet. Off to the left I spook a Pileated woodpecker that jumps and flies it's fighter jet patter through the woods. They are busy hammering away for bugs and marking next years trees for me. Then something catches my eye. Off the path about 20 - 25 feet. Wasn't there the other day that I remember. Looks like an old winter hat maybe; Weird , curious; I pull the throttle back , slide her into neutral and roll to a stop. Set the coffee on the hood, right hand on the tire and slide off to see. Sipping coffee and looking at the sun cutting the early moist air through the trees. I walk over enjoying the wet leaves smell, and avoid the darn prickers of prim rose. Then I notice it is breathing. Curled in a tight circle. Tail over it's nose. Only the slightest of movement. One eye watches. The fawn can only be hours old. Maybe less. I look around for Mom. Certain she is near watching, worried. I stop. Yep this is what it is all about. Dear Lord thank you for putting me here at this moment, at this place in your care. I am one luck guy. Stepping back slowly I head back to the pup pup pup sound... grab the steer column and pull myself back in... slider her into first and with a smallest white puff ... life moves on. Sip your coffee and have a great day guys.... this is what it is all about. Cheers, Joe

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

daddydip
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19320
eBay ID: 2001fltri
Tractors Owned: CC108
1948 farmall f cub
1955 farmall f cub
1955 international lo boy
1952 vai case
2005 236B Caterpillar
1999 TDI Jetta MK IV I like!
2008 H.D FLTRI

Re: This is what it is all about !

Postby daddydip » Thu May 21, 2009 7:46 am

Joe Morris wrote:Love the Northeast in Spring. Spring is in full push. All the woods is in new life and the oaks and butternut trees are 1/2 way leafed out. The lilacs and dogwoods are on the first week past peak. Busy bird chatter calling mates and marking territory fill the air. Frost on Monday, but no prediction again for a week. The greens so rich and plush. The sound of the cub, pup pup pup, as it idles through the woods. Fresh coffee in my hand ; a squeak of the steel wheel on the wood wagon chirps about every 20 feet. Off to the left I spook a Pileated woodpecker that jumps and flies it's fighter jet patter through the woods. They are busy hammering away for bugs and marking next years trees for me. Then something catches my eye. Off the path about 20 - 25 feet. Wasn't there the other day that I remember. Looks like an old winter hat maybe; Weird , curious; I pull the throttle back , slide her into neutral and roll to a stop. Set the coffee on the hood, right hand on the tire and slide off to see. Sipping coffee and looking at the sun cutting the early moist air through the trees. I walk over enjoying the wet leaves smell, and avoid the darn prickers of prim rose. Then I notice it is breathing. Curled in a tight circle. Tail over it's nose. Only the slightest of movement. One eye watches. The fawn can only be hours old. Maybe less. I look around for Mom. Certain she is near watching, worried. I stop. Yep this is what it is all about. Dear Lord thank you for putting me here at this moment, at this place in your care. I am one luck guy. Stepping back slowly I head back to the pup pup pup sound... grab the steer column and pull myself back in... slider her into first and with a smallest white puff ... life moves on. Sip your coffee and have a great day guys.... this is what it is all about. Cheers, Joe

yup ,joe that about says it all
One Life , One Love , A Love Supreme

The only thing new is untold history, Harry Truman

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Thu May 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Things don't get any better than that! Thanks!
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

cyriaque
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 72555
Tractors Owned: farmall cub

Postby cyriaque » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:13 am

Joe-you sum it all up. The sound sends echoes from my childhood.
Charles

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”