This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Bored In Meridian

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Bored In Meridian

Postby Donny M » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:06 pm

Last night I was dirving west on I-20 when the alternator light on my truck came on. I pulled over (no power brakes or power steering :( ) and much to my disappointment I found the belt shredded to pieces. I called an auto parts house in Meridian and they had a belt. When I went to install the belt I noticed the tensioner was in pieces :cry: :cry: No one in town has the tensioner so I had to order one. I should get it later tonight.

I was going to meet up with hr's 49 in Monroe, LA last night so I called him to let him know I wouldn't make it. Harold spent about 40 minutes trying to find a tensioner for me. Thanks Harold for your help :!: :!:

I've driven this truck for over 270K miles and this is the first time it's let me down. I hate to replace it as it runs great and gets 22 mpg :!: :!: Pretty good for a 3/4 ton 4x4 :!: :!:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:15 pm

Hey Donny,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. :(

Is it Meridian, MS where you are bored :?:

If so, you are in the hometown of PEAVEY Electronics. :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:21 pm

Yeah Bud I'm in Meridian, MS.

Do you think Peavey could adapt a speaker to work as a belt tensioner :?: :lol: :lol: 8)

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:45 pm

Hey lots of time for the red iron with no truck.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:06 am

Yeah, that part must not be a "fast mover" in the parts houses. Noboby had it in stock. I wish I could have helped.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:12 am

Hey Donnie,

Have you made it out of Meridian yet :?:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:19 am

As of 10:14 am I'm still here. The part was supposed to get here yesterday at 3 pm. The truck got in at 5. Funny thing is the paper work was on the truck but not the part. They told me to call back this morning at 10. I called and now they tell me 11:30. I watched the most football I've ever watched in one day yesterday. What will I do today :?: 8) not very 8)

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:00 pm

Finally :!: :!: :!: It's funny that a part that takes less than 10 minutes to install can hold you up for days. I'm mobile again :D :D and heading west 8)

Return to “Off Topic”