This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Cadet Trailer

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
S.H.A.F.T.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Cub Cadet Trailer

Postby S.H.A.F.T. » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:15 pm

I have a CC 127, that I am in love with and mow with every week and I had been looking for a CC #2 trailer for about 5 years for it. This past spring I gave up and bought a brand new CC trailer for it. I even put an IH sticker on the tailgate like the old trailers had. Anyway, wouldn't you know I found a real nice #2 trailer today for $25! What am I going to do with two trailers?

S.H.A.F.T.
"Son, you can do it right, or you can do it again."

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:37 pm

:roll: Pull them in tandom and save trips on that BIG job. :twisted:
Then came Bronson

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:43 pm

I would be happy to double your money on the #2, and then you would just have one again :lol:

S.H.A.F.T.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Cub Cadet Trailer

Postby S.H.A.F.T. » Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:15 am

Hi Paul, I met you at RPR last year in PA. Spoke with your wife too. My Dad worked at the Louisville Works for IH, that's where my interest started for all things IH. Hey, do you know what one of these trailers are worth in good condition? This one has surface rust, but nothing bad at all. It has the tailgate too. Corners are all good and so are the origianl tires. I think I am going to get rid of the new CC trailer and fix up the #2. Just was wondering the price range on these.

Thanks, S.H.A.F.T.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Paul B » Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:07 pm

S.H.A.F.T
I have seen your post on both Cub forums, and talked to a lot of people at RPRP in PA, but don't know if I would remember you or not, unless I saw you again. I can remember faces better than names, and the green Cub Cadet prototype is now yellow and white like it is suppose to be.

I thought about asking you if you used a gun when you "stole" that #2 cart, but if the PO set the price I don't guess you did. Ones in good shape, and I don't mean "restored", sell in the $225-$275 range, poor ones from a $100 up. The #1 carts, that look like a motar box (and that's what the first ones were made from) are much higher. Do not confuse a #1 cart with a #3 cart. The #3 were made for the riding mowers (bathtub looking things with rear engines) and Cadet lawn tractors. They have a square front and a sloped back with what looks like angle iron on all the corners/bends of the sheetmetal, and hard rubber semi-pneumatic (sp) tires. You "done good" with your $25.

S.H.A.F.T.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Cub Cadet Trailer

Postby S.H.A.F.T. » Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:18 pm

Paul, maybe I don't have a #2. My trailer has fenders on it, seems to be very well made of heavy steel, has pneumatic tires, dumps, and is rectangular in shape. It also has four stake pockets on the inside of the bed for wood sides (which I do not have). What else....the wheels each have a zerk fitting and the tailgate pulls up to remove. The tongue is made of tubular steel. That's all I can think of. I looked but did not find a serial number tag. I figured if my mowing deck has one, why not the trailer? Do I have a #2? Glad to hear the green CC has been put back the way it should be. Never let unsupervised kids have a paint brush. That tractor was nasty.

S.H.A.F.T.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Paul B » Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:48 pm

From your discription, you have a #2 trailer.

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

#2 CubCadet Trailer

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:58 pm

Hey S.H.A.F.T. I agree with Paul B. From everything that you describe your's is a #2 Cub Cadet trailer. Good Luck on you're restoring it...When they're done, I've seen them go here in Tennessee for 300 bucks!!!
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:52 am

Hi Shaft,
Here is a #2 that just went on E-pay that looks like a bargin at $177.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :B:EF:US:1
I don't know where he got the M from. Thet did have SN tags
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Ebay #2 Cub Cadet Trailer

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:25 pm

The trailer SOLD for $177.00 ! That's a GREAT buy for the winner...even though he'll have to straighten the one fender.
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:13 pm

Since the subject is cub trailers, I thought I might post this link here in case some of you are interested. 8)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=82237&item=4340513520&rd=1
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Return to “Cub Cadet”