This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Miss B Photos

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Miss B Photos

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:31 am

Here are some pics of one of my current projects, a 1945 B Farmall my daughter and I named "Miss B". I still have a few long rows to hoe, but should be finished with her in time for the RPRU in Lebanon, TN next year.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=5830184&uid=2872268&members=1
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:55 am

Cub-Bud,
Great looking tractor! My B doesn't have the original seat like yours. I keep looking but they are very expensive when I find one. Do you have any pics of the plow and mounting hardware? I have a plow which is similar. I guess there were more than 1 style of bottom plow for it. Anyway, it's looks like a fine rebuild.

ljw

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:03 am

What, no V8? Image Looks like you're making good progress, keep us posted.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:15 am

Thanks.

The plow in the pic fits my '49 FCUB, not the B. I had it on my cub when I took it to the Cub-Arama. I removed it to reverse the drawbar so I could pull a trailer at a hayride for Kelsie's daycare. I am currently searching for a complete, one-bottom, pull-type plow to complement the B.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:47 am

Bud,
Your before picture looks better than my B. You going to try to put together a pneumatic lift for it?

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:41 pm

Jim,
That's a nice working tractor you have. How do you like the exhaust lift? I have all of the pieces except for the manifold. The one I have is in pieces, literally. I bought a previous welded manifold on e-bay, and it was shipped to me in a large box with NO packing. It broke in two more places. The good news is that the previous welds held. That's the big unknown about e-bay. You don't know the person on the other end.

ljw

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:49 pm

"Your before picture looks better than my B."

Jim, looks can be deceiving.

"You going to try to put together a pneumatic lift for it?"

Yes, I would like to. I take it from your comment that there are no complete lifts left out there to buy. I have seen parts/pieces on Ebay and elsewhere, but don't know enough about them yet to start buying components. People these days will sell you anything.

Greg Norman

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:39 pm

ljw,
When I was a kid on the farm, we used several tractors with exhaust lift. They required some puttering each year to get them working properly, but when in shape they worked well enough. My B is off Dad's farm, but we never had the system on that tractor. There was a little evidence that it had the system before we got it. When I took the tractor off the farm, we scrounged the pieces to put it together. The lift cylinder was NOS when I put it on this tractor.

The B-221 cultivator on the tractor is one I had used but on another tractor. About all the tractor does now is go to an occasional show. I don't see many at shows where the lift actually works. (Right now it needs a washer in the control valve as it likes to fall back down as soon as it finishes lifting.)

The pressure valve on top of the manifold seems to be the hardest part to find in usable condition these days.

Related to your shipping experience, I once bought a generator and a fan shroud from a guy who just threw them both in a box, no packing material. The box barely survived the trip, much less the shroud.

Bud,
I don't think I have ever seen a complete lift in one place. Putting it all together can get complicated. It is like a Cub cultivator, where you need front mounting frames, rear rockshaft and Touch-Control, none of which are part of the cultivator.

The pneumatic lift is an attachment to the tractor (and the parts are in the tractor Parts Catalog). Additionally, the implement itself required either a hand lift or power lift mounting package to make it work with the pneumatic lift. There was a separate Owners Manual for the lift that covered installation and operation of the lift. Additionally, there were (or many have been) additional manuals covering the power lift parts for some specific implements.

It would probably be a good idea to have a copy of the pneumatic lift manual befor you start looking for parts. You might want to go back and look at my Pneumatic Lift article in RPM (Sept-Oct '03).

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:56 pm

I think I sent a copy to Rudi for his website, but if not I do have a scanned copy of the manual that was provided by a member from YTMAG I can email you if you need a copy.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:39 pm

Hey Jim,

I forgot to tell you....there was evidence that a lift had been on Miss B at one time. I removed remnants of a pressure valve housing from the exhaust manifold during dis-assembly. I do have the Red Power Magazine with your article in it. I am saving it for future reference. Here is a pic of what I suspect is the pressure valve housing cover.

Hey John, make a copy of that manual for me and I'll get it later. Thanks.

Greg Norman

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:03 pm

Yeah, that is the remains of the top of a pressure valve. That thing was pretty thick in the first place. Amazing how that metal just disappears.

I asked because I noticed what I thought might have been the control rod bracket in one of the pictures.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:35 pm

Jim,

Are you talking about bracket on the steering shaft support arm :?:

Greg Norman

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:49 pm

Yes, on the right side, across from the governor control. Not sure that is what it is though.

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:02 pm

It looks GREAT CB :!: :!:

Mike

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”