This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How easy we have it

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

How easy we have it

Postby Bob McCarty » Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:35 pm

I am always thankful to live in the United States. Last summer I was fortunate enough to be able to take a vacation to St. Petersburg, Russia. Five million people all live in apartments. The average size of a two room family apartment is 19 Sq. meters (200 sq. ft.). Both my garage and shop are bigger than that. In addition, 20% of the apartments are communal, meaning that 15-20 families share a communal kitchen and bathroom. They thought that this was a great improvement from the rural living that was commonplace before the Bolshevik Revolution. Average monthly income is about $200 per month. Retirees get about $60-70 per month. While things are cheaper over there, it's not that cheap! Whenever I hear someone complaining about how tough they have it over, I have to bite my tongue, and give thanks that I was born an American. For all the problelms we think we have, all you have to do is look around to realize how fortunate we are to live her. With today being Thanksgiving, I just want to wish all of you happy holidays, good health, and a prosperous 2005.

Bob

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:42 pm

I agree. We are the luckeyest people on the earth. As tiny Tim said Bless us one and all.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:23 am

I also traveled very much this past year. Yes Russia was an “eye opener” but not as much as some of the so called third world countries. Even in Europe they envy us.

I’ll never forget in Vire, France during the 60th Anniversary of “D” day a little girl hugging my father, saying “thank you” and “God bless the USA”

In China I asked a school teacher about his thoughts of the United States. His first reply was “you got it very good”

Jack Fowler

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:40 am

Never traveled to a foreign country, but was raised up with pretty tight finanaces, outhouse, carrying water, etc. I agree, we've got it good. I love opeing a tap and getting water, turning the thermostat up or down, etc. We do have it good.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Off Topic”